Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Need Guide to first setup

More
10 years 10 months ago #1 by pcpro
As i recently installed Kunena, I dont understand how to set it up really
I earlier used SMF (Simple Machines Forum), this is different ...

I created categories under the Headforum and published them.
Still they are not visible...

I have
-Headforum
-- Welcome
--Sugestions
-- Tip of the day

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #2 by 810

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #3 by pcpro
Replied by pcpro on topic Need Guide to first setup
I read it, but i looks like its for another version og Kunena ?!
I use Kunena 3.0.0 | 2013-05-15 [ Wanga ]

Still I can not see any categories to post in ... :(

I have created 1 section with 3 categories in it.
Everything is published and Green
I also marked everyhing Public just to see it...

In the Guide/Wiki its says that one should use Yes/No options.
There are no Yes/No !
Instead its All/On/Off and I dont understand what it means!
Everything is set to All as default.
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by pcpro.

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #4 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Need Guide to first setup

pcpro wrote: In the Guide/Wiki its says that one should use Yes/No options.
There are no Yes/No !
Instead its All/On/Off and I dont understand what it means!
Everything is set to All as default.

Maybe I need to rewriite (or update) the information, if I knew what you mean by "there are no Yes/No" options. The trouble is that I am overworked and I do not have time to examine and review everything that was written in the Wiki to make sure that everything is correct and that it all applies to K 3.0. That is something that everyone in this community can do. If we all roll up our sleeves and spend a few days (each of us) to look at what is wrong with the Wiki then we should not have too much trouble answering questions like "Where do I begin?"

On behalf of the entire Kunena team I must apologise to you, pcpro, for the lack of quality documentation about how to setup categories, how to use all of the features of the Category Manager tool and for the fact that the documentation has been in this poor state for years. Apologising, however, is not going to solve your problem.

Generally-speaking, the principles of how to setup and configure categories in Kunena have not substantially changed for a few years and, while some of the technical specifics may have changed, the Wiki is still a fair guide.

The first thing I need to understand is what you mean by "I created categories ... and published them ... [but] they are not visible." Where, specifically, are your categories "not visible"?

Perhaps, if we knew more about your website, we may be able to help you more than by apologising for the poor quality of our documentation. Perhaps, if we saw your configuration report, we might know more about what problems we are dealing with? Perhaps, the problem is not a issue of poor documentation but, instead, it is an issue of confusion with the implementation?
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.499 seconds