Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Solved Merge/combine users

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #1 by raymondw
Merge/combine users was created by raymondw
Already tried the search, but no answer...

I want to merge/combine two accounts without loosing the posts.

Before diving into MySQL and inventing a new kind of wheel I'm hoping someone can point me to an option I overlooked.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Merge/combine users
"Merging" the forum input for two accounts is basically to delete one account and then "copy" the posts from the deleted account and put them with the posts from the account that you're going to keep.

The first part (deleting the "unused" account) is easy. the second part is a little trickier. There is no copy-posts-from-one-account-to-another-account feature that is built into Kunena and so the only other option is to do a fiddle in SQL.

How good is your SQL? The tables that you will need to change are _kunena_messages and _kunena_messages_text. I hope that helps. ;)

More
11 years 1 week ago #3 by raymondw
Replied by raymondw on topic Merge/combine users
Tx, for the answer.
Already had the idea this was the way to go.

I can read and write SQL code, it is not a big issue.
Hoped for tool that did this automagically, not the only admin in this forum ;)

Time to create page: 0.440 seconds