- Posts: 15
- Thank you received: 0
The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.4 [K 6.2.4] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2
Question Copy old forum on J! 1.5.26 site to new J! 2.5 site
I have done some searching, but have found no direct way of performing the task in question.
I have a Joomla 1.5 with Kunena 1.7.23 installation. I am looking to export all the threads and import them into a fresh installation of Kunena 2.0 on top of a Joomla 2.5 install.
Any advice is highly appreciated.
Why you don't use the jUpgrade component to upgrade your site? I tried and it upgraded all Kunena forum content.
- Please provide your site url if it has been lived.
- Please share tip if it worked fine with you.
- Don't be shy about using the "Thanks" button below if you found my comment helpful
Did you see this: Migrate Kunena from J! 1.5 to J! 2.5
Webbrent wrote: I have done some searching, but have found no direct way of performing the task in question.
That article I did NOT come across. I will be sure to give it a bash. Thanks in advance, will feedback once attempted and let you guys know how it went.
I haven't migrated my Kunena data as yet. However Successfully managed to migrate a copy of our site from Joomla 1.5.23 to 2.5.9 by following this article docs.joomla.org/Migrating_from_Joomla_1.5_to_Joomla_2.5 . After creating a copy of our site using the following article forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?p=2526890
Now comes the task of moving my Kunena upgraded tables/data and Joomla user tables/data to our new site to see if everything is peachy.
Process I am going to follow:
- Backing up new site's DB's for easy rollback if needed
- Export upgraded tables from test site (J17_kunena tables and j17_users) using phpmyadmin
- Rename DB prefix in sql export by opening in textedit and search for jos_ and replacing with new db prefix eg: jos2_
- Drop tables on new site's db as were exported from Test Site
- Import sql file that has been exported and edited into the new site installation
- Check to see if kunena data has been moved across and that users are able to log in as before