Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Copy old forum on J! 1.5.26 site to new J! 2.5 site

More
11 years 1 month ago #1 by Webbrent
Hi Guys & Gals,

I have done some searching, but have found no direct way of performing the task in question.

I have a Joomla 1.5 with Kunena 1.7.23 installation. I am looking to export all the threads and import them into a fresh installation of Kunena 2.0 on top of a Joomla 2.5 install.

Any advice is highly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #2 by wilmy

More
11 years 1 month ago #3 by 9themestore
Hi Webbrent,

Why you don't use the jUpgrade component to upgrade your site? I tried and it upgraded all Kunena forum content.

Regards

- Please provide your site url if it has been lived.
- Please share tip if it worked fine with you.
- Don't be shy about using the "Thanks" button below if you found my comment helpful :)

More
11 years 1 month ago #4 by sozzled

Webbrent wrote: I have done some searching, but have found no direct way of performing the task in question.

Did you see this: Migrate Kunena from J! 1.5 to J! 2.5

More
11 years 1 month ago #5 by Webbrent
Howzit sozzled,

That article I did NOT come across. I will be sure to give it a bash. Thanks in advance, will feedback once attempted and let you guys know how it went.

More
11 years 4 weeks ago #6 by Webbrent
Some feedback...

I haven't migrated my Kunena data as yet. However Successfully managed to migrate a copy of our site from Joomla 1.5.23 to 2.5.9 by following this article docs.joomla.org/Migrating_from_Joomla_1.5_to_Joomla_2.5 . After creating a copy of our site using the following article forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?p=2526890

Now comes the task of moving my Kunena upgraded tables/data and Joomla user tables/data to our new site to see if everything is peachy.

Process I am going to follow:

- Backing up new site's DB's for easy rollback if needed
- Export upgraded tables from test site (J17_kunena tables and j17_users) using phpmyadmin
- Rename DB prefix in sql export by opening in textedit and search for jos_ and replacing with new db prefix eg: jos2_
- Drop tables on new site's db as were exported from Test Site
- Import sql file that has been exported and edited into the new site installation
- Check to see if kunena data has been moved across and that users are able to log in as before

Time to create page: 0.574 seconds