Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Failed to authenticate: User is blacklisted

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #1 by tarekitsme
hello guys

i have a weird problem with my Kunena ,,,
everytime i try to add new topic ,
and after i add the new content in here
www.thetalentedsociety.com/forum

i get this error

i hope you guys help me,,its getting so annoying :(

i am using joomla 2.5.9
jomsocial 2.8.3
the latest version Kunena

We are the Bridge and the Road of your needs UnsignedBlast
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by tarekitsme.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #2 by TKtemp
Hi,

Kunena has not any blacklist of users. Your problem has nothing to do with Kunena.

Could be that you are using some other component for authentication of users?

More
11 years 1 month ago #3 by tarekitsme
i dont have any other components
but it'd be nice if you list me some thanks :) so i can see whats really going on and why it does happen in the forum

More
11 years 1 month ago #4 by sozzled
TKtemp is correct. There is no "blacklisted" message generated by Kunena.

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #5 by tarekitsme
hello ,,,i did try another forum and i noticed it only appears on KUNENA every time i post a new topic or thank a user,,,anyway do you think i can re-install KUNENA again without losing the posts that i already posted on the site ,,i want to get rid of this problem,,,thanks in advance

www.thetalentedsociety.com

Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by tarekitsme.

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #6 by sozzled
You can re-install K 2.0.4 and you will not lose any forum messages; re-installing K 2.0.4 will not change any configuration settings or categories that you have set-up. Re-installing K 2.0.4 will replace any custom changes that you may have done to Kunena but, because there is no "user blacklisting" within Kunena, I don't think anything is going to change.

It may help if we could see your Kunena configuration report but, honestly, I cannot see how Kunena can be behind these messages. I think these messages are generated by some other Joomla extension that you are running on your website ... but what is that "other" extension, responsible for "blacklisting" users, I do not know.

I discussed this issue with the Kunena team. I searched the language file - there is no word "blacklist" in the Kunena language file. You are using JomaSocial; maybe JomSocial has some kind of "user blacklisting" feature?
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 1 month ago #7 by sozzled
The message "Failed to authenticate: User is blacklisted" is generated by Joomla 2.5.

In J! 2.5.9, the reference comes from the file ../language/en-GB/en-GB.ini, at about line 144:
Code:
JGLOBAL_AUTH_FAILED="Failed to authenticate: %s"
and, in the same file, at about line 154:
Code:
JGLOBAL_AUTH_USER_BLACKLISTED="User is blacklisted"
From this we can see that the message is not caused by Kunena but, instead, it is generated by Joomla.

See the Joomla forum discussion here: forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=615&t=793885
The following user(s) said Thank You: tarekitsme

More
11 years 1 month ago #8 by tarekitsme
thanks for pointing the error message line,,,that was an awesome job from you,,much love & respect :) ;)

Time to create page: 0.508 seconds