Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Database connexion failed

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #1 by sparenton
Hi everyone,

We have a current forum that is run by smf2. As i've experienced many trouble trying to migrate from smf2 to kunena, i've decided to have a more long, yet more easy (theorically) path in order to achieve the migration... I've alread migrate my smf2 forum to phpBB3 (and it's fine so far, even if there are some small details that needs to be corrected, the overall migration is OK...) Now i need to achieve the second part of the migration, the one between phpBB3 to Kunena. I have my forum on the server, the databases are available... but available does not mean that Kunena importer can connect and use them... And this is my current problem... i have a red info that says "database connexion : failed".
where do we tell kunena Importer that the database is located here and the credentials are login blahblah, password foobar. On the web in a deprecated howto, there is a reference to a go.php file that does not exist anymore (or at least that i don't have on my server)... does somebody can point me to an updated doc ? or just tell me where i can set the database parameters so i can go on with the migration ?...

I run joomla 2.5.9, with kunena 2.0.4 (that runs fine so far) and the latest kunena importer (that should be the latest according to what i've found)

Thanks for your help ;)
regards
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by sparenton.
The topic has been locked.
More
11 years 1 month ago #2 by TKtemp
Replied by TKtemp on topic Database connexion failed
Hi,

as far as I'm aware Kunena Importer Component is not updated to import data and work with Kunena 2.x.

You should install Kunena 1.7 and import all date. Test all and when you are sure that all works well upgrade from Kunena 1.7 to Kunena 2.x is just one click.

Hope this helps
More
11 years 1 month ago #3 by sparenton
Replied by sparenton on topic Database connexion failed
Hi,

As requested, i've gone back to kunena 1.7. I've uninstalled kunena 2, kunena importer, then installed kunena 1.7 and re-installed kunena importer 1.7.

I then go to kunena importer and faced the same problem as before, that is a problem with the database connection. I don't see a place where to tell kunena importer that our database is not far and has thoses login/passwords.

So when i'm goin to import the phpBB3 forum, i'm still having this "database connection : failed" error...

I know that there no place i've entered the correct login password but still don't know where to put them so the importer can work fine...
More
11 years 1 month ago #4 by sparenton
Replied by sparenton on topic Database connexion failed
Ok, i'm moving on... the database connection is history... my problem came from the phpBB3 config.php that was empty... don't know why...

So now i have a new error "unsupported forum: phpBB3"... it's quite funny for a phpBB3 importer... if anyone has infos, i'm ready to read ;)
Time to create page: 0.365 seconds