Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Original Photos Folder

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #1 by Oscarfishlover
I am planning on migrating my 1.5 Joomla! website to 2.5 very shortly. However, the website even in its JPA file format is quite sizeable. Within the images folder is another folder called "original photos." This alone is 1.5 GB in size. I believe that this folder contains all images uploaded onto our kunena forum. I use three programs when migrating to 2.5 Joomla!. I use Jupgrade, Akeeba and kickstart. What I'm finding is happening with one of my websites that is quite big is that for some strange reason the images folder is not being migrated. So when I finally open up the 2.5 website all the images are missing. I'm beginning to wonder whether it's because the images folder is too big and Akeeba is not including it in the backup. I think the first thing I am going to do is stop people from uploading onto our server from the forum. The other question I have is within the "original photos." folder are several files related to Facebook. An example would be Facebook_Connector_00000000. There is also a folder called "group photos." Obviously I am aware that removing any photos within the folders will remove them from the website. But what about all the other files, can they be removed?

The #1 Oscar Fish website on the net
Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Oscarfishlover.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.516 seconds