Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Solved Activate new users and rules in user registration

More
11 years 2 months ago #1 by applehc
Hello,

I want that when a new user is registered on the forum, administrator need activate account to participate. How is it possible?

And add the rules in registration formulary?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #2 by rich

I want that when a new user is registered on the forum, administrator need activate account to participate. How is it possible?

These are all Joomla features. "Backend > User Manager > Options > New User Account Activation"

And add the rules in registration formulary?

Activate the plugin "User - Profile" and you will find everything.

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by rich.

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #3 by applehc
Thank you very much Rich!

I've enabled the option Enable user accounts as administrator.

I proceeded to create one and I the following happens:

Once I register as a new user, I get an email with a link, and next I followed the link to activate my account.

I get this message:

Unable to start mail function.

warning

User Registration failed: An error occurred while sending the notification email activation.

Thanks
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by applehc.

More
11 years 2 months ago #4 by rich
This should be the correct message:
Your email has been verified. Once an administrator approves your account, you will be notified by email, and you can login to the site

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #5 by sozzled

applehc wrote: Unable to start mail function.

warning

User Registration failed: An error occurred while sending the notification email activation.

This usually means that you have not properly configured email to work with your Joomla site. This is not a Kunena matter. For help on configuring email, please ask at forum.joomla.org

By the way, the information posted in msg #2 works best in K 2.5.9.
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 2 months ago #6 by applehc
Thanks! problem fixed.

I put the same email address for the server configuration and administrator user.

And I also changed the e-mail manager as "Sendmail".

Time to create page: 0.567 seconds