Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question After installing Kunea forum my stable site has developed a big problem it looses contact with the user data base

More
11 years 2 months ago #1 by thedude
My site is a stable basic site and after a lot of thought an research I chose Kunea forum I came to this site and downloaded the correct version then I installed it and everything was fine I set up a few categories and all was well The a couple of days went by and I tried to log into my admin page it was gone and the site was pointing to the main page I had the people at host gator restore the site and I lost a couple of days worth of posts. then it was fine again then today I went to login to the from and my user id was not recognized and when I went to the back I was also not recognized I am currenty having a restore done again to the backup I had done right after the restore last night. However I really want to program to work with out causing me problems I am not a computer master and am fairly new to joomla I do know how to do a few things but I am not a programer. I do need some help with this and would like to know what could be causing this If I need to pay for suport I am fine with that but I want the site stable as I do this for the love of the art of woodworking not because I love computers.

I strive to be the best woodworker I can be at any cost.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #2 by Jiminimonka
Kunena does not deal with registration or login, it is all handled by Joomla.

Get your site restored, change your password for the admin account to something that is hard to work out - use 2-3 random words and a number for example :pineedwardfoxes1989 or something like that.

Install Akeeba Backup and Akeeba Admin (pro-versions if you can afford it but there are free versions which are both excellent products). Akeeba Admin has some nice options, but READ carefully before you do anything.

Go to the Joomla.org website and read up about site security and also learn all the information required to run and administer a joomla website. Joomla makes life easier, but it does require information and knowledge to keep things running smoothly.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Jiminimonka.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.322 seconds