Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Kunena migration from j1.5.26 to j2.5

More
11 years 4 months ago #1 by rexet
hi guys
I'm going crazy with jupgrade, it doesn't work for me
I got "migrating undefined" error, tried many many many times, no way.

so, can I migrate Kunena from my j1.5 website to a new installation of j2.5 without using jupgrade?

I mean, exist a "manual" method to migrate kunena tables from j1.5 to j2.5?

my website is based on Kunena, so i need to migrate only kunena and NO other exstension, article, etc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #2 by sozzled

rexet wrote: Can I migrate Kunena from my J! 1.5 website to a new installation of J! 2.5 without using jUpgrade?

Yes, that's the easy part! The hard part is moving your [J! 1.5] user data without, first, converting all existing J! 1.5 user tables to their J! 2.5 counterparts.

Here's the relevant information that you need to know if you are thinking about manually moving things around: How to move my Kunena forum from one site to another .

If I was in your shoes I wouldn't try to do this myself - the "manual" approach, I mean. I would try to figure out why you cannot use jUpgrade in the first place. Fortunately for me I'm not in your shoes so all I can do is tell you what's involved and wish you the very best of luck.

More
11 years 4 months ago #3 by rexet
thanks
there is no way, I'm trying to migrate with jupgrade from two weeks, with no results
many and many people stucks on "migrating undefined" error, and the answer is that now the redcomponent support forum is limited to subscribers, amazing!!!

I'm ready to subscribe, but they have not a solution, this is the thruth!

I want to migrate users and articles with J2XML or SpUpgrade, then I will move Kunena "manually"

thank you for the "good luck", I need it

More
11 years 4 months ago #4 by rexet
update from the test server

migrate users, categories and articles from j1.5 to a fresh install of j2.5 with SPupgrade ---> OK

with phpmyadmin, export all kunena tables (from j.15 website) ---> OK

with phpmyadmin, import all kunena tables (on j2.5 website) ---> OK

now I have kunena in my j2.5 fresh website with all categories, topics, messages and users in their position

now testing

sozzled, do you think I'm missing something???

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #5 by Mortti
I think, there is differences between those two things of migrations?
SP Upgrade and jUpgrade

IF I know, Kunena support jUpgrade migrations whole... ?

SP Upgrate is one of things.... what never told to me(testing) dev -team of Kunena!
Then it's fault of that... or? to me...?
?
I think, developers of Kunena give some words of it this... they know all of, I think.

rexet...
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Mortti.

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #6 by karaokeamerica
I have done this migration multiple times successfully WITHOUT JUpgrade or SPUpgrade. I wrote a blog about my experience here:

www.joomlajunkies.net/index.php/features...la-1-5-to-joomla-2-5

Good luck!
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by karaokeamerica.

More
11 years 3 months ago #7 by Nemo10
Karao.. you may have solved a big problem for a couple of other guys who were about to start from fresh, losing 3 years & over 5000 posts of hobby/technical interest.

Lesson learned.. Stay current.. ;)

Thanks!

Oh for a neat solution...

Time to create page: 0.549 seconds