Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Universal RSS subscription

More
11 years 4 months ago #1 by jsentgeorge
Love kunena! Our group - thescdn.org - desires to have the index RSS subscribed for every user. How can I accomplish this easily?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Universal RSS subscription
G;day, jsentgeorge, and welcome to Kunena.

As you know, RSS is client-driven; that is, your users decide how, when or if they want to subscribe to your RSS feed(s) and whether or not they want to continue to subscribe to such things.

It's very easy to subscribe to an RSS feed and most browsers these days have a single mouse-click menu item that accomplishes this task (see the image from my FireFox browser below):

Kunena produces RSS feeds. How you decide to use those things is your business.

It may be possible to achieve what you want - to, somehow or other, automatically subscribe all the members of your community to receive RSS feed notifications - but this is outside the scope of this project. Perhaps there is a Joomla extension that does this for you? Or perhaps what you want to do is venturing into uncharted new territory.

How can you accomplish this easily? I would show your users the image I showed you here and encourage your users to subscribe to your RSS feed(s). Smart, simple, no-cost (apart from a few minutes of your time to write a few words to your users) and effective to the extent that people can choose to listen to you or ignore you.

What I have written is on my opinion but I hope I've given you something to think about.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: jsentgeorge

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.489 seconds