Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged Social Share

• gregganderton
  • gregganderton's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
11 years 5 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #1 by gregganderton
Social Share was created by gregganderton
I am looking for a plugin which can allow my users to login to the forum using their existing Social IDs like facebook, google, twitter and others. Do any one has any experience related to such a plugin. Any help is highly welcome.
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by sozzled.
The topic has been locked.
  • taryncooksey
  • Visitor
11 years 5 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #2 by taryncooksey
Replied by taryncooksey on topic Social Share
Yes, thanks.
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Jiminimonka.
  • mbinnicker
  • Visitor
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #3 by mbinnicker
Replied by mbinnicker on topic Social Share
After searching for a good social login and share tool, I came across *** product name and link removed by moderator and it looks like a good plugin with very good reviews on the Joomla Extensions Directory.

Does any one have any personal experience with this plugin?
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by sozzled.
More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #4 by Jiminimonka
Replied by Jiminimonka on topic Social Share
The link you supplied is dead, and the question seems unrelated to Jomsocial, so I have moved this to the Miscellaneous, off-topic and general Joomla section of the forums.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Merged the topic because the matters are related and removed this message
  • gregganderton
  • gregganderton's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
11 years 4 months ago #5 by gregganderton
Replied by gregganderton on topic Social Share
Hello everyone, I am new to Kunena and looking for a plugin to meet my social media related requirements like social login, social share/counter and others. Is there any plugin which provides all these features or I have to go for individual plugin for all these features. Any suggestion
More
11 years 4 months ago #6 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Social Share
*** Topics merged ***
  • mbinnicker
  • Visitor
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #7 by mbinnicker
Replied by mbinnicker on topic Social Share
After searching for a good social login and share tool, I came across this one (*** product name and link removed by moderator) and looks like a good plugin with very good reviews on the extension directory. Any one with personal experience of using this???
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by sozzled.
More
11 years 4 months ago #8 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

mbinnicker: you already asked this question before. Please do not keep "promoting" this other extension. If anyone else has experience with that extension they will reply here. If you keep asking the same question we may think that you are using this forum to advertise. Please see section 7 of the terms of use page regarding advertising. Thank you.

The product you refer to has nothing to do with the Kunena project.
  • shirley taylor
  • Visitor
11 years 2 months ago #9 by shirley taylor
Replied by shirley taylor on topic Social Share
I also tried this plugin and it worked fine for me too. A good plugin to have for your Joomla website
More
11 years 2 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #10 by sozzled
This topic relates to a product, developed by a company based in India, that has absolutely nothing to do with Kunena. The messages posted from the "gregganderton", "mbinnicker" and "shirley taylor" accounts all have the same IP address. The IP address is based in India which, coincidentally, is where the company behind the product is based. This evidence shows that the so-called interest in this topic is false and constitutes, what any reasonable person would interpret as, advertising to attract web-traffic to a site that offers a range of products that people have to pay to download.

The message posted from the "taryncooksey" account, while not from the same IP address as the others, originated from an IP address based in India.

This kind of sneaky advertising will not be tolerated on this forum! As a result, this topic has been locked, all links to the product focus have been removed, and the accounts that were responsible for this kind of spam have been banned from this website. The product, and the company behind it, have nothing to do with Kunena. Whether the product may work is not relevant.

The matter has also been reported to the Joomla Extensions Directory editorial staff who may take further action.

In any event, there is a legitimate product available for these purposes; see the discussion in AddThis for Joomla! - a social sharing module that can be used with Kunena (installation guide) .
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by sozzled.
Time to create page: 1.058 seconds