Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Google does not like duplicate content

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #1 by Robotower
Hello.
When i star web site i instal kunena forum, which are great on my joomla site. But i copy from kunena forum rules. :D On that pages write autor, that anyone can use that article, so i think whay not? :S Big mistake, because google not like duplicate contet. So i whan to know hav to make that article conect to true owner?
Web sites are game and article are hear robotower help . I dont whant take credit from another people, so please help my, and thel is their some code to put in article so google know that this contet are from your web pages.
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by Robotower.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #2 by sozzled

Robotower wrote: I [copied the sample] forum rules [page from the Wiki ] On that pages write author, that anyone can use that article, so i think whay not? :S Big mistake, because google not like duplicate content?

G'day Robotower, and welcome to kunena.

If your question is about copying content from the Wiki and using this information on your own website then the answer is, that as far as the Kunena project is concerned, you may copy that content and use it in any way that you like. However, the Kunena project is not responsible for the consequences that may result from other quarters - from Google for example, which, in your opinion "objects" to what may be seen as "duplicate continent". Those kinds of issues are not issues for the Kunena project team.

If your question is related to K 1.7.2, you should be aware that we do not answer questions in this forum about unsupported versions of Kunena and our advice is that you should upgrade to K 2.0.2 . Again, the Kunena project team has no responsibility for how you may be using an unsupported version of Kunena together with information that you copied directly from the Kunena Wiki.
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 5 months ago #3 by Robotower
When i instal Kunena, this version be last.
I dont know haw new version will be with Joomla. So that whay we dont upgrade. What is not broken, dont fix. :)

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #4 by sozzled
In that case, if you continue to use unsupported software on your website, then you are entirely responsible for any problems that you have now and in future. We do not give advice on this forum where unsupported versions of Kunena are involved. Sorry.

More
11 years 5 months ago #5 by Robotower
Kunena is up to date. Will you now help?

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #6 by sozzled
In K 2.0 things gave changed. You now have a choice of ways that you can create a help page. You can create a help page as a Joomla article, but you can also create help Information in other ways, directly from the Kunena menu. In K 2.0 you do not define the ID number of a Joomla article in the configuration settings (like you did in K 1.7). Please read How to create a rule and help page in Kunena .

As far as the other matter - as you described it, "Google does not like duplicate content", that is still not something that this forum can easily help you with. The sample forum help that appears in the Wiki is exactly that; it's a sample. What you do with this sample is entirely your business. I do not fully understand what you mean, or in what way you say, that what you did was a "big mistake".

One final point which concerns your forum signature. Your signature - "free, fun, interactive games at ..." - is contrary to our interpretation of Section 7 of the Terms of Use . I have removed your signature from your profile.

More
11 years 5 months ago #7 by Robotower
Thanx on advice. :)
And sorry on signature. :D
I tray. :P
Do you know where i can publish our forum? So it become moor fames.

Time to create page: 0.561 seconds