Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Allow voting in Polls only to special user groups

More
11 years 7 months ago #1 by me.lina
Hi, is there any chance to allow voting in polls (in one forum) only to one special user group?
I've got a forum, newbies introduce themselves in new topic and users can vote if they would like to have the newbie in the member area.
my problem: the newbies vote for each other :ohmy:
I can't easily move the topic to another forum, because the newbies still should be possible to see their topic and answer questions there.

greets, me.lina

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #2 by sozzled

me.lina wrote: Hi, is there any chance to allow voting in polls (in one category) only to one special user group?

The short answer to this question is no.

This is only my opinion, but this is how I would handle the issue.

You have two classes of membership (a) members with full privileges and (b) members with partial privileges. In order for the "class B" members to become "class A" members they require the site administrator to change their access privileges. In your case you want the "class A" members to decide, in a vote, when it is time for the site administrator to do the job.

Therefore, what you need is a forum category (with polling enabled) for class A members to propose a class B member's name to the rest of the class A members to decide by ballot. After the results of the ballot are finalised, the site administrator can still decide whatever action he/she wants to take.

Unfortunately this means that all voting by class A members must be done in secret. In other words, class B members cannot even see who is being proposed and what was the vote. Unfortunately that's tough. There are sometimes extra costs involved in trying to appear to be democratic.
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.472 seconds