Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Solved Included javascript tooltip doesn't work with Kunena 2.X

More
11 years 7 months ago #1 by ChiakiAccess
Hello everyone.
So since upgrading to Kunena 2.X from 1.X darktip isn't working anymore. Darktip is a javascript generated tooltip for Blizzard games. What it does is look for hyperlinks with a certain look and attach a tooltip to them. It works fine for any page and article except for Kunena. It worked with Kunena 1.X, though.
If I look at the code I do see that the javascript files are included in the <head> of the template as they should be, but nothing happens when I put the mouse over such a hyperlink.
Something is overriding the javascript I guess but I don't know what that may be.
There were some problems with mootools in the past with that script but it has a yepnope-check or something built in since then as a workaround.
You can find the github link here: github.com/darkspotinthecorner/DarkTip

This message contains confidential information

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #2 by sozzled
Some things that may have worked in older versions of Kunena may not work in the current version of Kunena. Some things that work in the current version of Kunena will probably not work in older versions of Kunena. A rough guide is given in Kunena Features .

This is not a defect of K 2.0 but, I agree, it may be an issue that requires the developers of DarkTip to discuss with the Kunena development team. Perhaps you might like to ask the DarkTip developers to discuss this with the Kunena developers?
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChiakiAccess

More
11 years 7 months ago #3 by ChiakiAccess
You can contact him on Google+:
plus.google.com/109019720443407643481/posts

And the developers of Kunena can look up all of his code on github. I guess it would be best for Kunena developers to check this out, because they know their code, which is a lot more complicated than darktip, I guess.

Maybe I should try to include the whole code in Kunena itself again? Do you know where I can find the part with doctype and <head>?

More
11 years 7 months ago #4 by sozzled
No, it works the other way around. This is the first and only time that we have heard about DarkTip and it is not in our strategic interests at this stage to go chasing after something that is probably of benefit in one case. If this is important to you then I would ask you to contact the DarkTip developer and let him know about your problem. If the DarkTip developer is interested in improving his product so that it integrates with Kunena, then it's in his interests to contact us.

The Kunena forum component is about 120,000 lines of PHP code and, yes, it's probably a little more complicated than DarkTip. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChiakiAccess

More
11 years 7 months ago #5 by ChiakiAccess
Duh...
The problem was: I included the scripts without using a "/" to mark the absolute path to root. For some reason it worked for Joomla and the template itself but not within Kunena. Now by adding "/" it works! Sorry for wasting your time because of my stupidity.
Thanks for your help! It was fast and thorough.

Time to create page: 0.513 seconds