Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Solved Spacing issue in theme

More
11 years 7 months ago #1 by KPlummer
I am not sure if this is the proper place to ask this question, if it is not would the moderator please move it and notify me; thank you.

Now for the guts of this question...

I am running joomla 1.7 with kunena 2.x and have a theme from rocketthemes (replicant v2). This is a new install and kunena has had issues with the theme even when only these 3 items were on the server. My issue appears to be the same as the one documented in the archives on this board at this archived posting . I see that the user figured out how to resolve the issue but being new to kunena and joomla, I am at a lost to understand exactly what he did.

The issue is an amount of space being inserted into the forum page above the forums and under the tabs (in the previous posters words, he could see the tabs, but I can only see the minimize/expand link).

Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #2 by KPlummer
Replied by KPlummer on topic Spacing issue in theme
OK, I feel really silly now... I have searched for an answer to this for over a week... Tonight after posting this question I was looking at some new things to install, namely Ohanah event calendar and virtue mart, while reviewing the virtue mart forums, I decided to search for replicantv2 to see if there were any potential problems with the theme and the module... Anyhow I came upon this solution and after trying it, it fixed the issue completely...

In the Replicantv2 theme folder, open the index.php and find the section:

<!-- Begin Middle Column -->

Then find and replace :
<jdoc:include type="message" />
<jdoc:include type="component" />

With:
<table width=100%><tr><td>
<jdoc:include type="message" />
<jdoc:include type="component" />
</td></tr></table>

Problem solved.....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.378 seconds