Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Solved (SOLVED) migrating on localhost- k202 to k202+ cant install jupgrade

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #1 by ae3d
Well i have both my sites offline and working in localhost on my machine
I had K1.6.0 and upgraded it to K2.0.2 in the old site

Im trying to migrate things to a Joomla 2.5 installation so i have Kunena 2.0.2 installed in BOTH locations

localhost Joomla 1.5 has K2.0.2
and
localhost Joomla 2.5 has K2.0.2

Commonly you are supposed to install jUpgrade to get from j1.5 k2.0.2
to j2.5 k2.0.2 but
for some reason i can not install jUpgrade in the J2.5 installation

How can i get all my topics, forums, content, attachements, and full Kunena from my J15 to my J25?
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by ae3d.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #2 by sozzled
It is almost impossible for us to provide targeted, specific advice for people who do their site development away from the internet; that is why we have our "standard" response here: Support for PC-hosted websites (e.g. WAMP, XAMPP)

It may be better to try to do what you are trying to do on a properly hosted site on the internet in the same hosted "environment" where your live site will finally work.

Good luck. Perhaps someone else may have a few useful tips for you.

More
11 years 7 months ago #3 by ae3d
sorry Sozzled
i cant do it online because my current site is unavailable
There is a big problem with it which keeps locking me out of the sql database
as therefore the site wont run (sql keeps reaching MAX USERS CONNECTED) and the problem cant be found
So i needed to redevelope offline

Thanks for your reply but for some reason ( the simplest one)
i realized what the answer is for the process i am doing

Im not supposed to be doing it with jUpgrade
lol

All i need to do is at this point export my kunena sql tables
and import them into the new database
all on localhost

something in my step by step thinking had me trying to do something extra (jupgrade) when i dont need to

More
11 years 7 months ago #4 by sozzled
We have discussed many times about how to move SQL tables from one website to another. Perhaps this one might help: [Merged topic] How to move my Kunena forum from one site to another

I cannot help you with the error message MAX USERS CONNECTED. That is something you may want to discuss with your webhost.

More
11 years 7 months ago #5 by ae3d
sozz
thanks
i got everything worked out. I was reading into the step by step WAYYYY too much and actually attempting something i simply needed to skip over.

Time to create page: 0.381 seconds