Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Important How To Upgrade From Joomla 1.5 To 2.5 with Kunena

More
11 years 8 months ago #1 by robobobo
Hey Guys,

I know that there's been a few questions similar to this asked already, but I've tried following them and I don't seem to be getting anywhere.

Here's the story:

I've got a site that's running Joomla 1.5.22 with Kunena 1.6.4 that's badly in need of upgrading to Joomla 2.5 and I'd obviously like to upgrade Kunena along with this.

So far I've used Jupgrade to set up the 2.5 site and then I installed Kunena 2.0.1 on it. I then downloaded the Kunena mysql database and renamed the prefix from jos_ to j17_ which is the new database prefix.

I then dropped the original tables that were created from the install on the 2.5 and tried to upload the old amended database. However it just won't upload. I get various errors but especially this one

#1054 - Unknown column 'parent' in 'field list'

Can anyone give me a hand with this?

I'm not sure what's going on here, I'm not a database nor Kunena wizard

The site is turn2me.org and as you'll see from the site, it's imperative that all the content is kept, especially the forum.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #2 by neujensl
I think you can find the info here :

docs.kunena.org/index.php/K_1.6_Upgrade_Guide

Only thing is that kunena is now on version 2.0.1 so ...
I guess you first need to upgrade to 1.7 and than to 2.0

At this moment it looks that there are not that many kunena 2.0 templates yet

More
11 years 4 months ago #3 by riga75
I have joomla 1.5 with Kunena 1.7.2 with spupgrade I switched to joomla 2.5 and now I'm wondering if there is a tuorial, a guide I explain how to install Kunen to and do not miss the discussions, utent, category etc etc
Thank you and Merry Christmas

More
11 years 4 months ago #4 by Baze
I did it couple of days ago, here's how:

Export the 24 x Joomla 1.5 Kunena databases with "Quick" and "SQL" options (Note: you can multiple select tables and export them as one file):

jos_kunena_announcement
jos_kunena_attachments
jos_kunena_attachments_bak
jos_kunena_categories
jos_kunena_config
jos_kunena_config_backup
jos_kunena_favorites
jos_kunena_groups
jos_kunena_messages
jos_kunena_messages_text
jos_kunena_moderation
jos_kunena_polls
jos_kunena_polls_options
jos_kunena_polls_users
jos_kunena_ranks
jos_kunena_sessions
jos_kunena_smileys
jos_kunena_subscriptions
jos_kunena_subscriptions_categories
jos_kunena_thankyou
jos_kunena_users
jos_kunena_users_banned
jos_kunena_version
jos_kunena_whoisonline

change the table prefixes by searching and replacing all of the old prefixes e.g. jos_ to j25_ inside the sql (you can do this with text editor).

then delete the 22 x Joomla 2.5 Kunena databases. Import the Joomla 1.5 Kunena databases into Joomla 2.5 and copy the files in /media/kunena/attachments/

at the end you will see some error on front-end but all you have to do is to enter every category in the backend and re-apply the permissions for the category, that's all.

More
11 years 4 months ago #5 by riga75
I did as you told me but if you go into admin and go to class I can not find any, where did I go wrong?

More
11 years 4 months ago #6 by riga75
I looked in phpmyadmin in the table category there are categories, but if I go to admin I do not find, I tried to click on new categories to me I get this message:
Code:
Unknown column 'parent_id' in 'where clause' SQL=SELECT a.id, a.name FROM j25_kunena_categories AS a WHERE parent_id='0' AND id!='0' ORDER BY ordering
where I went wrong?

thanks a lot

stefano

More
11 years 4 months ago #7 by Baze
table names should have your tables prefix, not j25, so instead of j25_kunena_categories you should replace j25_ with the other tables prefix like this: something_kunena_categories
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jiminimonka

Time to create page: 0.522 seconds