Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Incompatibility with Rockettheme's Gantry template?

More
11 years 8 months ago #1 by Chris-Austin
I have just created a new user on my live site and went to edit the profile and got an error message:

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::addAttribute(): Attribute already exists in /homepages/17/d339608669/htdocs/the-centre/libraries/gantry/core/utilities/gantryjformfieldaccessor.class.php on line 37, screenshot attached.

'Gantry' is the template I use (From RocketTheme) and if this message is s subtle hint that Kunena and Gantry are incompatible then I have a severe problem with Kunena.

Hopefully you can offer me some assistance?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #2 by Jiminimonka
Hi,

It is not a subtle hint. It is an error with Gantry, not Kunena. I have Kunena and Gantry running fine on several websites, and the only issue that occurs is the Edit but for Kunena user profiles gets blocked if Build Title-Spans is not disabled. Other than that its all good.

Kunena uses the standard Joomla user registration process.

Please ask on RocketThemes website for support on this matter, as it is clearly a Gantry error.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by Jiminimonka.

More
11 years 3 months ago #3 by ilovekratom
I'm having the same issue. I'm also not seeing an edit option when you go to the user profile. I have Kunena and a Rockettheme template running fine on my other site, although it's Joomla 1.7 and my new site is Joomla 2.5 . The error clearly says "Attribute already exists" and refers to the statement ( $this->element->addAttribute('class', $new_class); ) in the gantryjformfieldaccessor.class.php Gantry File.

I don't have a complete solution, but if you set the error reporting level in Joomla global configuration to the none, it will stop, although the CSS control of that entry field will not work. Basically, you're clean effect from Rockettheme won't work on the entry field and it will just be a white entry field while the other fields will have whatever effect is from the Rockettheme stylesheet.

With that said, I'm looking for a solution regarding a missing "Edit" button on the Kunena Profile. Any suggestions?

I've attached a screen shot of the Edit Button problem.
Attachments:

More
11 years 3 months ago #4 by ilovekratom
Replied by ilovekratom on topic I found the SOLUTION
Follow the Steps Below:
  • Go to Template Manager, rename the style name to something else, press Save As Copy,
  • Now go to Advanced, click on the box "Build Titles Spans" and choose OFF.
  • Go to "Assignments" and choose the menus that are associated to the forum.
  • Click on "Save and Close".

Time to create page: 0.555 seconds