Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Migrate J! 1.5 to J! 2.5 did not bring over K 1.5 categories or topics

More
11 years 9 months ago #1 by villager
After a few hours of fruitless searching, I'm trying a new topic in hopes of getting some help.

Upgraded Joomla 1.5.23 to Joomla 2.5.6 but for whatever reason, Kunena did not come over running jupgrade. The new files are in maindomain.com/jugrade (maindomain.com is not the real name). The working 1.5 files and data are in maindomain.com .

I did the following:

1) Downloaded Kunena 2.0.1 and installed it. It did not detect old files.
2) Deleted the folder "com_kunena" in maindomain.com/jupgrade/components/com_kunena
3) Copied the 1.5 version of the files from /maindomain.com/components/com_kunena into maindomain.com/jupgrade/components/ . The intent was to have a database to upgrade from.
4) Repeated the Kunena 2.0.1 install. It reported as successful.
5) Selected red option to convert old files rather than the green option which wipes them out.
6) It successfully converted the User files, but not the topics or categories
7) I cannot find any instructions on this except the ones that describe the automatic process that did not work.

What do I need to delete in /jupgrade/ to start over, and what do I need to do so I can have a successful upgrade from my Joomla 1.5.23 forum to my Joomla 2.5 forum?

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #2 by stephenramsden
for some reason, I cannot post a new question so I am sorry if this is in the wrong place.

I had every problem in ther world trying to upgrade to Kunena 2.xx

So, I just made a new clean Joomla 2.5 Instance and installed a clean Kunena 2.0.x. Works fine.

My question is this:

Can I just copy all my databases from my working Kunena 1.7.3 to the clean Kunena 2.0 install and use the data in the existing format or is there something that the upgrade to Kunena 2.x does to the tables?

More
11 years 7 months ago #3 by slepoy
I have the same problem with migration from Joomla 1.5 (kunena 1.5 with jos_fb_***) to Joomla 2.5 (kunena 2.0 with j25_kunena_***).

How can I do that trick with DataBase tables?
Should I first update kunena 1.5 to kunena *.* on Joomla 1.5 and than migrate from Joomla 1.5 to Joomla 2.5?

Thanks.

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #4 by sozzled
K 1.5 does not work on J! 2.5 and jUpgrade does not migrate Joomla extensions that are incompatible with J! 2.5. Therefore, if you want to take an existing K 1.5 installation that is running on J! 1.5 and move your forum to J! 2.5, you should upgrade K 1.5 to K 2.0 first and then perform jUpgrade on your website.
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ixsu

Time to create page: 0.568 seconds