Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question importing forum topics from database after a 1.5 to 2.5 migration

More
11 years 8 months ago #1 by ccbee
So I am finalizing my migration for this website from Joomla 1.5 to 2.5 and still on the testing server.

While migrating and making edits, a few topics were made to the kunena forum on the current 1.5 site.

So before I move final site from staging server to permanent server, how best to import those few new topics from 1.5 site to the final 2.5 site?

So are there particular tables with DB I could update before the migrating 2.5 site?

Any help is much appreciated.

staging website: webworknotes.com/spupgrade
old site to be replaced: smskn.org

_Cindy

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 10M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : js_avalon | author: Joomlashack | version: 2.0.2 | creationdate: April 2012

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.1 | creationdate: 2012-07-07

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.1 | 2012-07-07 [ Balozi ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: UddeIM 2.8

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Content - Kunena Discuss 2.0.1

Modules: Kunena Latest 2.0.1 | Kunena Stats 2.0.1 | Kunena Login 2.0.1 | Kunena Search 2.0.1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

When you will do importing for production setp, lock the forum under Kunena 1.5. Do the import after like that you don't lose messages.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
11 years 8 months ago #3 by ccbee
Thank you for your reply.

I am not sure I follow.

So I did not lock the forum while I was migrating site from 1.5 - 2.5 - and so there are new topics on the 1.5 site.

How do I get the newer topics onto my migrated 2.5 site before launching to permanent server?

_Cindy

More
11 years 8 months ago #4 by xillibit
If you do migration and then you wnat import newer messages form your old site, you can't import these news messages.

So, you lock the forum on your old site, you do the migration and like that you lose any messages.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

Time to create page: 0.583 seconds