Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Is there a way to send out a customised Welcome message to new forum members?

More
11 years 9 months ago #1 by vlbaindoor
I am new to Kunena.

Our website has Joomla 2.5.6 and Kunena 2.0.1

Just wondering if there is any way to automatically send out a 'Welcome' message which invites the new member to read the Rules and Help pages of the forum and then also suggests that they start posting by putting their introductions in the 'Welcome' section.

I am sorry if this is a standard feature which needs to be configured etc. I have tried to search this forum for answers but could not find any - sorry if it is very obvious to you all. I have had massive problems all day today - when new users tried to register they were getting errors and they were failing to continue. Problem was with email configuration of the website and the recent upgrade the web hosting provider had done to sendmail package.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #2 by Matias
I would try to find registration component or plugin for Joomla which sends custom message during registration process.

More
11 years 9 months ago #3 by vlbaindoor

Matias wrote: I would try to find registration component or plugin for Joomla which sends custom message during registration process.

Thank you for responding. :)

I would have thought that this would be part of the Kunena itself rather than being an add on/plugin for Joomla. Because from the user/'subscriber to forum' point of view they would be joining a forum hosted by a website. When the registration process seems to be handled by the forum itself, the welcome should also come from the forum or at least the administrative member of the forum.

So are you saying that I should go and look for a registration component or plugin for Joomla?

More
11 years 9 months ago #4 by sozzled

vlbaindoor wrote: I would have thought that this would be part of the Kunena itself ...

Please read the FAQs page and this topic: How do I register new users to my website and where should they login to use my website?

Kunena does not handle user registration.

More
11 years 9 months ago #5 by vlbaindoor
I had read it before but here is the stumbling block - it talks about
Forum Configuration » Integration » Integration Options » Login and Registration

And I can't find the Integration option anywhere.

The fact that it mentions version 1.6 immediately makes readers think that this is not relevant anymore as a 2.0.1 user. Then to make it worse the menu option mentioned can't be found.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #6 by sozzled
This is the question you asked:

vlbaindoor wrote: Just wondering if there is any way to automatically send out a 'Welcome' message which invites the new member to read the Rules and Help pages of the forum and then also suggests that they start posting by putting their introductions in the 'Welcome' section.

This is the answer to that question:

sozzled wrote: ... we need to make one point absolutely clear:

Kunena is not responsible for user registration or login
I think I have written that statement over one hundred times. Kunena is not responsible for user registration or login. These are standard Joomla features or they may be assisted by other Joomla extensions that you have installed (e.g. JomSocial or Community Builder).

... and ...

Matias wrote: [you need to use a] registration component or plugin for Joomla which sends custom message during registration process.

Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.437 seconds