- Posts: 11
- Thank you received: 1
The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.4 [K 6.2.4] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2
Important Got malware on my forum?
I need your opinion on something weird that's happening on my website.
Some of my users using Chrome told me this:
- while surfing the website some popup raise and show advertising (i don't use any pop up)
- sometimes their avast antivirus tries to block some bad URL (usually when surfing my forum)
- while they write a post some of the words become clickable and points to advertising
My security knowledge is very little...
Is my website spreading malware?
Are the users' computers infected with malware?
Any other ideas?
I want to keep private the URL, can I send you the URL by PM?
also I checked out my website on pingdom tools and in the list
of file/path I see there is an "about:blank".
Does it mean that my website is popping up a window?
Please edit those messages and try to find out if they contain some extra code.
If you mean that, no I don't use it, it's set to NO as always.
Some additional info:
- just few users see this pop up
- I've never seen it
- I thought it was an adware on the PC of those users who see the pop up
- I told them to use spybot and they did it
- they still can see the pop up after scanning with spybot
- now I see this "about:blank" from pingdom tools that really is confusing me
Honestly I have no idea what it could be. If some of your users are seeing the popup, please ask them to download the html and send it to you.