Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Solved Not Sure

More
11 years 9 months ago #1 by starcadaz
Not Sure was created by starcadaz
Using Joomla 1.5 with several add ons. Downloaded Kunena and installed very very easy. The template I'm using is themza_j15_34. Yes I know and I had some major rework to do on that. The question I have, is there a way to break out to the current template and have the forum look, well like this one full size instead of embedded in the current template? I did several search's and really didn't find an answer.

www.starcadplans.net

top menu under forums.

Thanks for looking

Guy Fuller - StarCad

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #2 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Not Sure
Yes, you can do that by either changing the template in forum pages (make variation of it without module positions) or by assigning left/right only to every page excluding all items in Kunena menu.
The following user(s) said Thank You: starcadaz

More
11 years 8 months ago #3 by starcadaz
Replied by starcadaz on topic Not Sure
Thanks, I've also b een searching the web for answers and it seems the best why to do it is to assign it to another template. Just have to find out how to do that now. Thanks for looking and the reply.

Guy

More
11 years 8 months ago #4 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Not Sure
You can find more by searching (or asking) at forum.joomla.org
The following user(s) said Thank You: starcadaz

More
11 years 8 months ago #5 by starcadaz
Replied by starcadaz on topic Not Sure
Thanks guys. I believe I've found a solution to my endeavor. While I could not solve the issue of expanding the component I did find a solution that will work for me. At first I thought I could just expand the width of the template I use.

However, after about 5 hours it was proving a little more than I wanted to do. Then it hit me that I could just edit the Kunena css width. I used FireFox and FireBug to isolate the offending width of 700px in the components, kunena.forums-min.css. Changed the 700px to 400px and tried to save. However Apache had assumed ownership of the file. A quick trip to the site with Putty allowed me to preform the Sudo chown command to change the ownership and rights to mod and save the file.

Fits nicely now and is workable. Just need to change the color of the background in the post text area and the subject area and I will have it made.

This forum software seems to be a lot easier to use compared to PHPBBS that seems to have become more like spaghetti software. Thanks for the replies and the help in pointing me in several directions adding to my knowledge.

Guy

Time to create page: 0.359 seconds