Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Solved How to obtain email address for another user

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #1 by bufc
Hello, this is my first enquiry and chat on here so pls go easy on me :)

I have just set up a blog / chat room on my clubs website (k 1.7.2) and i have had several people register as users. I was rather hoping be able to know what there email addresses are so that i could contact them if need be. When i go in to the user manager i can see there ID, user name, Name, enabled, banned, moderator.

I was hoping to see email address ? ...how do i know who these people are, or how can i get in contact with them ?

cheers
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Split topic, change subject and topic icon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #2 by snilloconator
Try referring to the Joomla user manager. There you will see what email they used to register to your site with.

More
11 years 10 months ago #3 by bufc
Thanks, but there is no email listed....nor is there IP listed in user manager. I have been trying that section and others for a while now.

I thought it might be something to do with the initial forum set up...which i have kind of winged. Maybe i need to tick a box or type a yes instead of a no.

Another enquiry i have is a language other than English. several users have registered in a language i cannot fathom (usernames) and i want to be sure they are not " swear words " or similar...not a good look

More
11 years 10 months ago #4 by sozzled
Go to your administrator site. Go to Joomla User Manager. That is where you will find the email settings used by your users.

IP address is a different question. Please do not complicate the question. One issue at a time, please.

Do not complicate the question by asking about text-filtering software. Those questions have nothing to do with your original question. Please try to stay on topic. Thank you.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #5 by bufc
Thank you sozzled...and sound advice

My enquiry has been answered
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Change topic icon to "solved"

Time to create page: 0.409 seconds