Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Solved Please help! I'm ready to scream in tears here! Kunena 'hangs' when posting!

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #1 by tommytoxen
So, everything seems to be working fine.

The forum loads fast, browses fast, can jump from topic to topic fast, the entire site is fast, the site's in development still so there's barely anything on it at the moment, minimal extensions & plugins etc.

But when I try to post, all it does is the top is the loading icon goes round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round infinitely, and at the bottom says "Waiting..." and.. that's it. I've waited 10 minutes now and it's still doing it. However, if I press refresh, it says cannot create duplicate topic, and the post is already there!

I've tried everything. Disabling SEF. Re-enabling SEF. Optimizing the database. Optimizing the site.

I'm going out of my mind here I'm ready to go burn down some buildings or something this is infuriating!

Does anybody have any ideas please?

Oh I'm using the default template. No extensions or plugins or loading on the kunena page etc except for freichat, but I disabled it - same effect. Uninstalled it - same effect. So put it back on since it's obviously not that doing it.

I haven't edited any of the files except the language file to customize the text

I've Googled & searched this forum for HOURS looking for a solution so I'm being honest when I say I posted as a very last resort I know you guys are busy. I love Kunena forum used it in the past and don't really wanna just uninstall and start again with another forum. Would love to get this fixed ASAP.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 64M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : skyextend-fjt | author: FJT | version: 1.7.0 | creationdate: 14-01-2012

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.8 | UddeIm 2.7

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by tommytoxen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #2 by tommytoxen
Nobody has any ideas? :(

guess i'll have to uninstall and start again

*** Implied coarse language removed from post by moderator ***
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by sozzled. Reason: violation of site code of conduct

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #3 by sozzled
I posted a message on your forum and it appeared to work satisfactorily. Your forum pages are "busy" with a lot of extra processing and, even though you may think things are running quickly, your site is bogged down with extra processing clutter that could seriously interfere with normal forum operations. What is that extra clutter? I don't know but perhaps the article Improving Kunena performance may help.

There was nothing "screamingly" obvious to me from your configuration report that gave me a significant clue as to what it is that's occurring in your present situation. Perhaps the conditions you had before (that prevented posting messages on your forum) changed sufficiently to allow me to post a test message on your site? I don't know - maybe it was a temporary thing - things were working satisfactorily enough when I tested your site.
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by Jiminimonka.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommytoxen

More
11 years 10 months ago #4 by tommytoxen
I saw you logged in and tested, thank you I appreciate it.

I'm unsure as to what the extra clutter could be. All I've got really is Freichat and Community Builder - nothing else.

I've disabled/uninstalled Freichat to test if it was that, and nothing.

I have noticed though that it only happens in Firefox. Which is strange, because here I use Firefox and it posts fine. I'm unsure as to why it'd hang on one Kunena forum and not another.

Very strange indeed.

What I can think of though, is this started happening after I installed AceSEF. I uninstalled AceSEF but it is still happening.

You got 'any' idea at all, even if it's just a best guess?

Perhaps I should do a clean install and just restore everything

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #5 by tommytoxen
Well I've unpublished/uninstalled just about everything.. still hanging when trying to post. :/

I'll enable debug mode and copy/paste the copy here see if there's anything unusual

Okay this is getting weirder..

Enabled debug mode.. it posts fine in debug mode!

I don't understand it. Why would it hang and forever load doing nothing normal, but in debug mode post right away?!

Update:

Removed all menus from kunena page, turned off debug mode. Still hanging on post. Turn on debug mode - it posts without hanging.

Really, it is VERY scream-worthy! I've left it all day because if I carried on trying to figure it out my computer would have gone through the window by now, and it might do before the night's over.
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Use spoiler tags to conserve screen space

More
11 years 10 months ago #6 by snilloconator
The site is down at the moment for me... :/

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #7 by tommytoxen
Oh great.

All I did was follow the instructions in that how to optimize for kunena section.. it's working for me, try refreshing?

What error message are you getting? A 404?

And an update:

I've done everything in that optimize page.. still hanging when posting.

Except when I turn debug mode on, then it posts OK.

Seriously I just think Joomla/Kunena hates me

More
11 years 10 months ago #8 by sozzled
I suspect that there's an issue with routing on your site. AceSEF might have been a clue.

Try using the recommendations in Search Engine Optimisation (SEO). Are you using a customised (modified) .htaccess file? Try using the standard one that comes with Joomla (rename htaccess.txt -> .htaccess) and does that help?

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #9 by tommytoxen
Yeah that's what I'm suspecting, because it all started happening after AceSEF.

But I've uninstalled AceSEF since there's no trace of it left.

Here's the htaccess:

Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Use spoiler tags to conserve screen space

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #10 by tommytoxen
Replaced htaccess with default from joomla.. still hanging lol.

Time for the last resort I think.

3 weeks work wiped and start the site all over again from scratch. Was gonna launch on Tuesday too lolol, another month's work ahead >.>

Time to create page: 0.580 seconds