Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Protecting images from being downloaded

More
11 years 11 months ago #1 by petko8680
Hi all,
I was wondering if there is a way to protect all the images in my forum from being downloaded- what I mean is disable the "Save image as" right-click option? I know there is a way, because noticed it on several sites, but don't know if kunena supports/allows it. cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #2 by sozzled
We had a similar discussion on this a couple of years ago (see Attachment ) and I'm sure we've had many other discussion about this issue, too.

The short answer is that you can write your own Javascript to disable the right-mouse button and thereby - to a certain extent - make it harder for people to obtain the images posted on your forum, steal them, and use them elsewhere. People can make a screen snapshot (ALT+PRNTSCRN] of your website and produce copies of the images they see, anyway. So, basically, there's no sure-fire bullet-proof answer to this that I know of. But maybe someone else has a few clues?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.452 seconds