Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Solved Kunena 1.7.2 and Joomla 2.5.4

More
12 years 11 hours ago - 12 years 11 hours ago #1 by cathy1967
I upgraded my Joomla to 2.5.4 recently and everything has been working like a charm ... until today. Today, I have to set Joomla back to not using search friendly urls to even get access to the sub-menus in Kunena. And if I do that, I still can't post new messages. If I try, the screen goes blank. What's up with that?

First, with search friendly urls on, I can access the frontend of the forum, but if I click on any sub-menu ... blank page.

With search friendly urls off, I can access them, but I can't post anything.

This is a bit frustrating. I don't understand what's wrong. It worked fine yesterday, both with SEF on and url rewriting. Now, nada.

Is this Kunena or Joomla? Has anyone else had this problem? Can it be fixed without having to reinstall everything?
Last edit: 12 years 11 hours ago by cathy1967.
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 11 hours ago #2 by cathy1967
Never mind. I figured it out. Seems I had a visitor counter installed that neither worked with Joomla 2.5.4 or Kunena. It undermined everything. I uninstalled it and voila, back in business. I just don't understand why this mistake didn't show up at once. Weird.

It was JV counter, by the way.
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.459 seconds