Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Solved How to display forum in second template (site using two Joomla templates)

More
11 years 11 months ago #1 by jimmyjay
My site uses two Joomla 1.7 templates, so lets just say Beez and atomic (keeping it simple).

The frontpage uses the atomic template, but individual pages use the beez template.

The default template is atomic.

I am trying to display the entry page on the beez template, and have selected this template from the "forum" menu option, so the menu item that links to the entry page.

Problem is that the entry page is displayed on the atomic template. Other menu items will display the pages in the beez template.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

(Joomla 1.7 - Kunena 1.7.2)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #2 by sozzled
Although, as you probably know, J! 1.7 is no longer supported and people should upgrade to J! 2.5, the principles are still the same.

The answer to your question is Unable to make the forum appear in a separate joomla template - it always uses the default template! . Assign your Kunena menu items to a different Joomla template; it's as simple as that. ;)
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 11 months ago #3 by jimmyjay
Sorry about the 1.7 post, didnt know it was not supported (new to Kunena).

Thanks a lot for your quick reply (it worked). I had mistakenly assignment the menu, not the menu item.

Time to create page: 0.371 seconds