Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged What are some good webhosting companies that support Kunena?

More
12 years 3 days ago - 12 years 3 days ago #1 by toohinc
Hi all.

I currently have a community website running with joomla, jomsocial and kunena, all latest versions and a few more components and modules.

My hosting provider if from Portugal but its slow, it´s one of those companies that offer unlimited everything (space, bandwich, mysql databases, sub-domains..). But the website is slow, and also my users complain about that. I was cheated by the hosting company.

So need help, can you guys give a name or two I should try? I need a fast (very fast) hosting provider, with everything needed to run joomla. need this fast.

Thanks for the help.

regards,
Ricardo Ribeiro
Last edit: 12 years 3 days ago by toohinc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 days ago #2 by toohinc

More
12 years 2 days ago #3 by Voice4Vision
toohinc,
Web Hosting is always going to be a matter of individual experience. You can receive 1000 positive feedback comments regarding one particular host, however you could experience the complete opposite. It is not necessarily about the host more so than it is about the server you are on, in my opinion.

As for a slow site...it can be numerous things that cause it to be slow. Are you using Cache? Optimized images? Minifying css and js? How about gzip? There are also .htaccess tricks to add some speed. The number of plugins, modules, and images that you display on your site will certainly have its effects. You should also consider what kind of data you are displaying...the number of queries you are pulling for each page view will also slow down a site.

There is so much more to consider when it comes down to the speed of your site, however the solutions that you find for those listed above will only provide minimal relief. In all honesty when seeking a quality host, you need to think about the cost and need of a VPS or Dedicated Server, these can certainly become a more expensive solution, however it will still come down to your needs. Joomla needs very little, however the tools that you have added may need alot more.

Lastly, Google is going to provide you the same information that someone might be able to provide you here. However, google gives you the best opportunity to gain your own unbiased opinion by allowing you to conduct your own investigation on a per Web Host basis.

I hope this helps you!
Voice4Vision

More
More
12 years 2 days ago #5 by toohinc
Ok thanks for the info! Ayone knows what is the recomended php.ini memory limit for my case? with joomla, kunena, jomsocial and a few more components like backup, sef, newsletters..

More
12 years 2 days ago #6 by sozzled

More
12 years 1 day ago #7 by snilloconator
More than likely it has nothing to do with what you are running on your site. But I think you are experiencing an overloaded server more than likely. It's something we all have experienced one time or another. I finally have moved away from the "UNLIMITED" hosting companies and haven't looked back. I would recommend researching a host the doesn't advertise the infamous "UNLIMITED" everything....

More
10 years 6 months ago #8 by TedHed
Network Solutions won't upgrade their mySQL to a version that Kunena can use. What webhosts are you guys using that will run the current version of Kunena?

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #9 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

This is a good question. :)

It's difficult to answer this question without "advertising", as defined in section 7 of this site's terms of use policy. The general approach is to review your needs and align them with a webhost's ability to meet them; the two articles in the Wiki that may help are:

(1) Choosing a webhost for your community website ; and

(2) Technical Requirements

My advice it to click the advertisements you see elsewhere on this page and ask the people who have advertised here if they have a service or product that can assist you.
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 6 months ago #10 by TedHed
Could someone advertise a webhost that is Kunena compatible via Private Message?

Time to create page: 0.445 seconds