Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question [Resolved] Auto Login for User Registration causes HTTP 403

More
12 years 1 week ago #1 by abdulhalim
Hello,

when the user wants to change his/her profile
s/he faces the error 403
avatar isn't changed!, but the password is changed ! despite the occurance of error 403

i uninstall the install Kunena again , i checked the system redirect plugin , i checked the joomla UTF-8 SEO , i am confused

this is my website : www.britney-fans.com

I was afraid of the dark and suspicious of the light
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 1 week ago #2 by sozzled
Configuration report please.
The following user(s) said Thank You: abdulhalim
More
12 years 1 week ago #3 by abdulhalim
Do you mean these reports ??

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 60 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 32M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : construction | author: Shape5.com | version: 1.0 | creationdate: January 2012

Kunena default template details : jc_frontline_forum | author: Frank M | version: 1.6.x | creationdate: 02 JAN 2011

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: UddeIm 2.7

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Search 1.7.0

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.2 | Kunena Login 1.7.2

More
12 years 1 week ago #4 by sozzled
Thank you.

Because

(1) there have been so many reported problems from people who have used buggy/defectives third party-developed Kunena templates - designed for K 1.6 - we removed those things from the KED in order to remove the temptation to use something that won't work with K 1.7; and

(2) we do not support installations of Kunena that use third party templates, anyway

can you please tell us if this problem occurs if you use the Blue Eagle (default) template?

We have also received reports from a number of people who have used templates from Shape5.com.

Your configuration report shows that you do not have a Kunena menu. Perhaps that, too, offers a reasonable explanation for the problems that you now have.

You should also upgrade Kunena Search plugin.

Because you are using an unsupported template, I am moving this topic to a more appropriate category.
More
12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 1 week ago #5 by abdulhalim
Thank you Sozzeld,

i checked everything you said , i changed Joomla! template , changed K template to Blue Eagle , update search plugin ,also in Kunena back-end i create menu , but still i have the problem .

there is sth , when i face to error 403 , i have to log out then log-in again to access to my profile and some menu such as : recent , new topic , no replies , my latest and profile ... actually i am log in but off of forums :dry:

sorry for my English

Last edit: 12 years 1 week ago by abdulhalim.
More
12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 1 week ago #6 by sozzled
HTTP 403 Forbidden status codes can occur in Joomla from a variety of causes. Generally, HTTP 403 Forbidden means that access to a file/folder you are trying to open has been denied, either on purpose or due to a misconfiguration. Check the webserver's error log when troubleshooting.

Diagnosing HTTP 403 Forbidden errors is similar to the process described in the Wiki article HTTP 500 Internal Server Error even though the way you fix HTTP 403 Forbidden errors will be different. In the error log you will see a list of the last error messages generated by your website. In this list you will find detailed information about each error including: the date and time of the error, some information about the client receiving the error, description of the error and information about which folder or file on your account is generating the error.

Therefore, you need to find out why people are being blocked from accessing their profile. Check, among other things, Securing Kunena .
Last edit: 12 years 1 week ago by sozzled.
More
12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 1 week ago #7 by abdulhalim
Hello,
Thank you so much Mr. Sozzled , finally i found out the reason of issue , some days ago i installed a plugin ( Auto Login for User Registration ) , this plugin somehow has conflict with Kunena , i uninstalled it and everything goes normal and OK ,

i am informing you maybe this information be useful ...

Thank you Sozzled :)

Last edit: 12 years 1 week ago by abdulhalim. Reason: Edit Plugin name
More
12 years 1 week ago #8 by sozzled
For everyone else's benefit, the conflicting extension is called Auto Login for User Registration . It might help to report this problem to the developer of that plugin.
More
12 years 1 week ago #9 by abdulhalim
I did it

Best regards,
Abdulhalim

Time to create page: 0.526 seconds