Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Inserting Images Just Stopped Working!

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #1 by sunny33days
Hi, for some reason users can no longer "insert" images (embed them) in posts and if they try their posts are "completely" blank! This just started happening yesterday evening. My host says nothing has changed on their end, so why would this feature just stop working for no reason? It is doing it on "all" my Joomla sites with Kunena as the forum.

I'm using Kunena 1.6.5 and Kunena 1.7.1 versions and its the same issue with both of them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago - 12 years 3 weeks ago #2 by sozzled
If you have done nothing and the issue arises with several websites "simultaneously" (different versions Joomla, different versions of Kunena) what's one common factor in all of these things? Your webhosting platform. What versions of PHP, webserver software, database software were in use before - when things were working - and now?

K 1.6.5 is not supported and K 1.7.1 is not the current stable release, either. You should upgrade them.

It's unfortunate that some webhosting companies swear that they're not responsible for things that go pear-shaped on the sites they host on behalf of their customers. It's not always true that they're not the ones behind causing those problems.
Last edit: 12 years 3 weeks ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago - 12 years 3 weeks ago #3 by sunny33days
Hi Sozzled, because upgrading compenents always makes me very nervous due to other compatibility issues with other components, I really hate upgrading unless its necessary. I have more than 300 plugins, components, and third party modules installed and if one isn't in sync with another it can break my site..

I'm happy to say though that upgrading to Kunena 1.7.2 was smooth and it didn't break anything that I've spotted. I have to redo a few hours worth of customizations, but other than that I haven't noticed anything broken.

I also noticed that my forum section is running faster now too! Was there an improvement in the efficiency or some area that improves loading speeds?

So I'm happy that it is fixed, but for future reference, can you give me some ideas what could cause these features to just stop working? I still have no idea with my previous Kunena version, why the image insert feature just stopped working (actually created blank posts). This happened on "all" my Joomla sites hosted with them on their server at the same time, but they're saying they don't know anything that could cause this in regards to their maintenance. My host is denying they have changed anything on my server, but I find this fishy because they sent an e-mail out to hostgator customers to expect outages due to a large amount of server maintenance the night prior, but didn't list my server's nameservers specifically (there were about 100 servers listed, so was pretty major mainteance). Do you have any idea what could of changed to stop prevoius Kunena versions to stop working?

My host is Hostgator by the way. If anyone else is using Hostgator with Kunena and also noticed this image feature stopped working, I am curious to hear if you are having a similar problem.
Last edit: 12 years 3 weeks ago by sunny33days.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #4 by sozzled
Thanks, I'm pleased you got things fixed. :)

Time to create page: 0.586 seconds