Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Alias for users

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #1 by adso
Alias for users was created by adso
Hi,
I want that when a user creates an account, be able to choose the alias name shown in kunena, so my questions are:
- Does kunena support user alias to be displayed instead of the account user name?
- If so, which part of the database is it stored? (I want to make a plugin to include the kunena alias field in user registration page)

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Alias for users
Please see How do I register new users to my website and where should they login to use my website?

There is no "user alias" field in Joomla and, consequently, there is no "user alias" field in Kunena. If it's not there, Kunena does not support it. Kunena is open source software which means that you can modify it to do whatever else you would like to do in your particular circumstances.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #3 by adso
Replied by adso on topic Re: Alias for users
Ok, so it could be a suggestion to have aliases, just for security purposes, so the username is not displayed for security reasons.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #4 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Alias for users
We understand the issue. Indeed, this issue has been flagged as an idea for a future version of Kunena (see github.com/Kunena/Kunena-2.0/issues/424 ). This is not a feature of the current version of Kunena and it will not be implemented in K 1.7.

Time to create page: 0.370 seconds