Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Customize new password email

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #1 by emotive
Where can I customize this? I would like to add a bit of info to it.

Thanks in advance!
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by emotive.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #2 by emotive
Why did this get moved? I'm talking about the one that is sent with the forum importer?

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #3 by sozzled
This was moved because

(a) Registration, login, password resetting, etc., are not functions handled by Kunena. Please see How do I register new users to my website and where should they login to use my website?

(b) Customising email layout/content in relation to things like "resetting password" emails is, in broad terms, a Joomla issue. Perhaps there is a member of the community who may have an interest in helping you or, perhaps, you might like to ask your question on the Joomla help forum ( forum.joomla.org ).

Please read the category description that appears at the top of this page.

Thank you.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 1 month ago #4 by CheechDogg
Hello emotive,

Exactly what are you trying to add or modify? If can give more details of what exactly it is you are trying to do we might be able to help you out a bit more.

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3

More
12 years 1 month ago #5 by emotive
Sorry I'm new to this joomla. I've been using phpbb soley for 10 years now. Moving my site from phpbb to joomla/kunena.

On my dev board I tested the importer and it sent a email like this:

Hello TestUser,

You have been added as a User to my site name by an Administrator.

This email contains your username and password to log in to dev001.mysitename.com/

Username: TestUser
Password: 1I1axiKg

Please do not respond to this message as it is automatically generated and is for information purposes only.

Since the site name is not changing or anything I would like to customize this email to say more like the the site has been updated, you will need to use this as you login. Explain the update and new features etc.

Right now it looks spammy using the defualt message. I just need to know where the email template is. I can figure it out from there most likely.

Thanks for your help.

More
12 years 1 month ago #6 by emotive
I have looked in the .../language/en-GB/en-GB.com_user.ini and couldn't find it.

Time to create page: 0.480 seconds