Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Unable to see the Forum in Joomla front page

More
12 years 1 month ago #1 by mitchell65
I have installed the component and created a menu link. I have set the Menu to appear on the Home page in Position 5 of the Beex_20 Template of Joomla but that is as far as I get. The menu shows and the curser chenges to the hand symbol when in hover but clicking the menu does nothing. Attached screenshot.
Any advice to a complete newbie to Kunena, many thanks!

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 2M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : beez_20 | author: Angie Radtke | version: 2.5.0 | creationdate: 25 November 2009

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

If i understand right you have displayed the kunena menu in Joommla home page ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 1 month ago #3 by mitchell65
That's correct.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #4 by mitchell65
Thought I had solved it but no. I have tried other module positions in case the menu is horizontal bu to no avail. I can put a Kunena menu item into the main menu and that works but the Kunena menu does not work. Any elp please. I have tried to find "Setup for beginners" but the Wiki link to this returns a blank page with the remark "There are no details in this page" So I can't find a basic Guide anywhere which i prefer so that i can work things out for myself!
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by mitchell65.

More
12 years 1 month ago #5 by mitchell65
Forget it, have just spent the last couple of hours trying tho get rid of this extension. Did get to see the layout eventually - what a mess, so untidy and confusing, I can't see any of my users being able to understand it at all. Far too much detail and very poor design, looks like it was done in the 1950's.
please delete me from this Forum, if you can find a way of doing that!

More
12 years 1 month ago #6 by Jiminimonka

mitchell65 wrote: Forget it, have just spent the last couple of hours trying tho get rid of this extension. Did get to see the layout eventually - what a mess, so untidy and confusing, I can't see any of my users being able to understand it at all. Far too much detail and very poor design, looks like it was done in the 1950's.
please delete me from this Forum, if you can find a way of doing that!

I think the issue you are having was not related to Kunena but to Joomla and its menu system. Understanding that is a high priority when making any Joomla CMS website.

The same can be said for removing any Joomla extension. It usually takes just a couple of clicks.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

More
12 years 1 month ago #7 by mitchell65
But that would not explain this from my earlier post "I have tried to find "Setup for beginners" but the Wiki link to this returns a blank page with the remark "There are no details in this page" So I can't find a basic Guide anywhere which I prefer so that i can work things out for myself!"

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #8 by Jiminimonka
I googled Joomla beginners guide and got this - docs.joomla.org/Beginners

There are also numerous videos on Youtube that show you how to setup Joomla, extensions etc., that will help you gain the knowledge you need to setup and maintain a decent website. Although Joomla makes life easier in a lot of way for getting a website going, it still requires learning.

Many times I have killed my own website by not checking everything correctly, or assuming I know the answer, and could have saved myself a lot of time and trouble if I spent extra time reading information available first.

Please read the FAQ.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by Jiminimonka.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #9 by mitchell65
But i do not have a problem with Joomla at all, indeed I am known for my help I give to other newcomers to Joomls. I have written Guides to certain aspects. It is a Guide to using Kunena Forum that I cannot find.
So can I conclude that there is no Beginners Guide to Setting up and using Kunena?
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by mitchell65.

More
12 years 1 month ago #10 by Jiminimonka
Setting up Kunena is exactly the same as setting up any other Joomla extension. You download it, use the Extension manager and install it, click the Green button to finish the installation.

Then you activate the Kunena menu already put into Joomla for you, and the forum works like immediately, with a category already created (Welcome Mat). If it does not work like that, then you either don't meet the system requirements, or there is some other issue at your end.

Getting Kunena to be your home page is configured in Joomla, not Kunena. If you don't know how to make Kunena your home page, that is a Joomla issue, or rather a lack of knowing how to tell Joomla which Menu is you home page.

Please read the FAQ.

Time to create page: 0.479 seconds