Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question "Wrong" user ids in Kunena after migration to Joomla 2.5

More
12 years 1 month ago #1 by labsektor
Hi i moved my site from Joomla 1.5 to 2.5.

I moved my users using CBJuice.
And i moved my Kunena forum by PHPMyAdmin (just export/import tables).

But now i have problems with users on forum. When I moved users their ID was changed.
But kunena has Their old ID's in databes. Now some of posts have username but without or with bad user ID.

How can i update users ID's in Kunena?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, labsektor, and welcome to Kunena.

Your problem is, fundamentally, a Joomla/SQL issue. Depending on the method that people use to migrate from J! 1.5 to J! 2.5 user ids in the Kunena SQL tables may not necessarily be changed as well.

It's important to understand that the base user id in J! 1.5 is 62 - that is, all user ids start with the number 62 and automatically increment by 1 each time a new user is added. The base user id in J! 1.6/J! 1.7/J! 2.5 is 42.

So, while your users may be renumbered as part of migrating from J! 1.5 to J! 2.5, it's also important to ensure that any references to those older user ids are, likewise, changed. This is why we recommend using the jUpgrade migration procedure that was designed to migrate your entire J! 1.5 platform (where you were running Kunena) across to the new J! 2.5 platform. If you do things differently then you may get different results.

Many of these issues relating to moving Kunena from one environment into another environment have been discussed repeatedly on this forum. While it is quite achievable to lift and carry the Kunena tables from one site and put them on another, you must also remember to copy the "user environment" as well or you need to transform the Kunena tables so that they map to a different user environment elsewhere. It is beyond the scope of a community-driven self-help forum, such as this one, to prescribe a one-size-fits-all solution but I would refer you to the discussion [Merged topic] How to move my Kunena forum from one site to another

You asked, "How can I update users IDs in Kunena?" The answer is to use phpMyAdmin, export your tables, change the user ids with some other editing tool (perhaps something like Microsoft Excel) and then re-import the changed tables back into your new site database.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.332 seconds