Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Dunno what happened - anyone know?

More
12 years 1 month ago #1 by gregwh
I have had Kunena on my site, www.readournovels.com since last November when the site opened.

Today I get a complaint from a user that they cannot post. This user has slightly higher access being an Author rather than just a normal Registered account. So I check it out and indeed, authors cannot post. I had all access to every forum area set to access level and set to Registered for the primary and yes to child groups and Super User for the secondary and yes for child groups. All was going very well until my author level user complained and yet nothing had changed. I was on Kunena 1.71 and when I found it, came here and downloaded the latest and upgraded to it with no change. So I had to go through and chage all secondary groups to Author as Author on my site due to other things I do is a child of Public as Registered is.

So why did it work OK before and suddenly not, now? I assume it was because of the last Joomla upgrade (on latest Joomla 2.5 there is) but cant say for sure.

Anyone got any idea why and how to fix it? Right now a level called Site Administrator cannot get on, now. Not a problem right now but it will be in the future!

Oh and only one area is moderated. The rest arent. Also blocked access to public to see posts or Index.

Greg.
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
Can we change the subject title to something a little more meaningful, please? Perhaps something like "J! 2.5.1 + K 1.7.2: How do I allow "authors" the ability to post in certain categories of my forum?"

Is that what your question is about?
More
12 years 1 month ago #3 by gregwh

sozzled wrote: Can we change the subject title to something a little more meaningful, please? Perhaps something like "J! 2.5.1 + K 1.7.2: How do I allow "authors" the ability to post in certain categories of my forum?"

Is that what your question is about?

So did you have any idea why this happened or was this just to complain that I didnt put in the right subject?
More
12 years 1 month ago #4 by sozzled
If you return to the substance of my response to you, I asked you two questions. I note that your reply was non-responsive to both my questions.

My questions were, in effect:

(1) Would you like to change the subject of this topic to something more meaningful, in a way that we may be able to tackle the issues fruitfully? and

(2) Are we right in concluding that the issues you have raised may be described as ""J! 2.5.1 + K 1.7.2: How do I allow 'authors' the ability to post in certain categories of my forum?"

If you do not want to address these matters seriously then I can only answer your original question - Dunno what happened; anyone know? - with the answer, no: I do not know what happened, specifically, in your case because your question calls for guesswork in understanding the subject matter.
More
12 years 1 month ago #5 by gregwh

sozzled wrote: If you return to the substance of my response to you, I asked you two questions. I note that your reply was non-responsive to both my questions.

My questions were, in effect:

(1) Would you like to change the subject of this topic to something more meaningful, in a way that we may be able to tackle the issues fruitfully? and

(2) Are we right in concluding that the issues you have raised may be described as ""J! 2.5.1 + K 1.7.2: How do I allow 'authors' the ability to post in certain categories of my forum?"

If you do not want to address these matters seriously then I can only answer your original question - Dunno what happened; anyone know? - with the answer, no: I do not know what happened, specifically, in your case because your question calls for guesswork in understanding the subject matter.

Just forget it. I didnt come here to play politics. I came looking for answers. If all you can do is tell me how wrong I was for the way I wrote the title, then it is clear you dont want to answer but play politics. Honestly, I can do without the rubbish.

Take the time to understand that it doesnt matter how the person puts a question and doesnt dot every letter "i" but what they came seeking. If you are not willing to help, simply dont answer and people will look elsewhere, thus you arent offended by what doesnt look right to you.
More
12 years 1 month ago #6 by sozzled
gregwh wrote:

Honestly, I can do without the rubbish.

And so can we.
Time to create page: 4.440 seconds