Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Illegal key characters in global data error when changing any profile settings. No jHackGuard.

More
12 years 1 month ago #1 by f2webdesign
Hello,

On a forum I manage any registered user who tries to change their forum settings be this avatar, bio, signature when they click save they go to a blank page that says 'Illegal key characters in global data'. I have researched this problem and found a link with jHackGuard. I do not have this installed. Does anyone now how to get around this?

Thanks
Sam
F2 Web Design

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, f2webdesign, and welcome to Kunena.

I do not know how your problem involves Kunena - which I know something about - and jHackGuard - which I know nothing about - on your website, about which I also know nothing.

I suggest that you read the posting guide printed at the top of this page. Perhaps there are further details you can give us (by using information contained in the abovementioned posting guide) as a way to move forward on this issue? :dry:

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #3 by Mike-XS
Hi, I couldn't find that phrase 'Illegal key characters in global data' in the source code of Joomla or Kunena, or anywhere in the whole database. The problem doesn't appear to be directly related to Kunena in any way.

I have researched this problem and found a link with jHackGuard

That's the only related thing I can find too.

Does anyone now how to get around this?

I think you'll have to dig (search) through your own forum database and files to find out where it comes from in order to find out what is causing that message.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by Mike-XS.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #4 by sozzled
Thank you, Mike-XS, for your contribution to this topic and I agree with you that this does not seem to be a matter for the Support category of this forum. On that basis I have moved this topic to the Miscellaneous, off-topic and general Joomla category.

Therefore, the reference I made in my earlier response to the posting guide may be lost on f2webdesign. I would advise f2webdesign to carefully read the information posted on the Index page of this forum before asking questions on this forum. The Guide to posting questions when asking for support on the Index page of this forum contains important information that people should read before they use this forum because it will help people to help us to help them faster, better and more effectively.

I agree with Mike-XS in the assessment that he wrote:

I think you'll have to dig (search) through your own forum database and files to find out where it comes from in order to find out what is causing that message.

Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.546 seconds