Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Where to find a list of categories and forums in Kunena 1.6.x.

More
12 years 1 month ago #1 by kssocial
I didn't know where to post this question, it really doesn't fit anywhere else that I could find.

I recently pulled down an old site that had Kunena running on it. I "thought" I had saved all the relevant data but have found that I did not save a list of the forums and their categories etc.

I have looked through the saved backup of the site but cannot find a list. I would appreciate someone letting me know where I have to look to find a list of all my old forums so that I can re-create them in a new site.

Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
G'day. I understand why you're having difficulty figuring out where to post this question. Looking at this topic from our perspective, it's just as difficult figuring out where to properly classify this question, too.

It's difficult to classify where this topic should belong because it's not really about providing feedback on the Kunena product or about suggestions for this website (which is the purpose of the General Talk about Kunena category). It's difficult to classify this topic because it discusses K 1.6 and, as we all know, we've moved on from K 1.6 a long time ago. This is why we don't "entertain" (for want of a better word) questions about K 1.6. Our advice is consistently, if there is no specific reason to the contrary, upgrade to K 1.7.2 in the first instance (to see if this resolves your problem) ... making sure, of course, that you have taken all reasonable precautions as outlined in K 1.6 and K 1.7 Upgrade Guide .

I think we should also bring you up-to-date on some terminology changes since you may have last visited this site. We prefer to use the terms Sections, Categories and sub-Categories these days (as we have been using them for the past two years) instead of the older terms "categories", "forums" and "sub-forums" (or even "child-boards") because those older terms confused everyone (see Standard (consistent) Terminology?! ).

You may be able to find what categories you have defined, if you could restore your old website from a working backup, using the Kunena Category Manager. You could also look at the table kunena_categories, assuming that you salvaged a copy of that table before you destroyed your old website. I don't know what else to advise in your case.

I will put this topic in the Miscellaneous, off-topic and general Joomla category simply because, as you wrote, "it really doesn't fit anywhere else that I could find."
The following user(s) said Thank You: kssocial

More
12 years 1 month ago #3 by kssocial
Thank you for the response. It looks as though I may have not saved a backup with the info I need. I have searched through the SQL databases for the two backups I saved and one is Agora with no categories listed and one is Kunena (after I switched) but it must have been before I added them back in. I deleted all other backups!

Oh well, such is life, back to square one and setting up new categories.

Mike

Time to create page: 0.373 seconds