Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Has Kunena added "User Profile" fields to my Joomla registration component?

More
12 years 2 months ago #1 by apc
It looks as if installing Kunena has added a bunch of "User Profile" fields to my custom Joomla 2.5 Registration component.

If so, I need to remove them ASAP and restore my Reg Component to its original state?

How can I do this please?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #2 by CheechDogg
Did you back up your site?

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3

More
12 years 2 months ago #3 by apc
My site is backed up, but I don't want to uninstall Kunena, I just want to remove the User Profile firlds from my Registration component.

More
12 years 2 months ago #4 by apc
OK - fixed it.

I just disabled the Joomla User Profile plugin - I assume Kunena must have enabled it.

More
12 years 2 months ago #5 by sozzled

apc wrote: It looks as if installing Kunena has added a bunch of "User Profile" fields to my custom Joomla 2.5 Registration component.

No way! Kunena is not responsible for user registration - that's the start, middle and end of the answer! See the FAQs menu tab above this page: How do I register new users to my website and where should they login to use my website?

*** Topic moved from the K 1.7 Support category to a more appropriate category for for this type of question ***

More
12 years 2 months ago #6 by apc

sozzled wrote:

apc wrote: It looks as if installing Kunena has added a bunch of "User Profile" fields to my custom Joomla 2.5 Registration component.

No way! Kunena is not responsible for user registration - that's the start, middle and end of the answer! See the FAQs menu tab above this page: How do I register new users to my website and where should they login to use my website?

*** Topic moved from the K 1.7 Support category to a more appropriate category for for this type of question ***

Thanks Sozzled - yes I found that out myself.

Kunena had simply enabled the Joomla User profile plugin which I have now disabled and all is well.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #7 by sozzled

apc wrote: Kunena had simply enabled the Joomla User profile plugin which I have now disabled and all is well.

I'm sorry but I find that statement difficult to accept because I am totally unaware of this to be true. If this were true I would expect that we would have received numerous questions - not to mention complaints - about it.

I think you enabled this plugin yourself. I could be wrong; I am often wrong.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 2 months ago #8 by GoremanX
I tested this extensively. Kunena does _not_ enable the Joomla User Profile plugin when it's installed. Either something else enabled it or someone else did.

THE place to discuss photography!
www.friendlyphotozone.com

Time to create page: 0.599 seconds