Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Find back user data in FTP site backup

More
12 years 2 months ago #1 by emk
Hi there,

I had a Kunena forum integrated in a CB environment with a freehosting company.
The freehoster decided to block access to the site through WWW. As soon as I found out I made a complete backup by means of FTP.
Meanwhile I found a new place for the website and made a clean install. Many things are restored, but... one of the most important parts hasn't been restored yet, the user data of the old website.

Does anyone have an idea where I can find this data in the website backup through FTP?

Someone suggested that the users could be found back in a table. Those tables are stored where? In the php I guess and in that case I'm afraid these will not be found in a FTP backup of the site???

Somebody else suggested that there could be a migrationtool for this purpose.

Anybody any suggestions??

Marc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #2 by CheechDogg
Your user data is saved in your sites database which is probably still located if you are lucky in your freehoster you had hosting your site at first.

You might want to ask them for a copy of that database and hope they let you have it otherwise all your sites data is lost unfortunately.

If there are full backups of your site you could maybe find them using your ftp client and extract the database from there, "IF" the proper full back up of your site was ever done.

Hope this helps you.

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.479 seconds