Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question I am having problems with Joomla menus - this is not a Kunena problem

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #1 by regdomain
Unpleasent surprise that our forum was out of index because of the changes in Kunena menu system . Since I do not when menu became independent and by default is under Forum parent that includes start menu.

Link from the main menu is redirected to the page like www.mysite.com/forum/start . ONLY THIS PAGE IS INDEXED. Link and alias of the main menu is ignored as double!!! All natural links to the main menu forum alias like www.mysite.com/myforum ignored crashing site positions in se.

To fix the problem all Kunena menu item were moved to parent deleting Forum parent item. "start" alias changed to "myforum". That saves SEO index. But now all links in the forum became like www.mysite.com/component/kunena/9-znakomstvo?Itemid=0

component/kunena/ - now substitute for forum and subforum aliases. Categories aliases are not manageable from administration and were not changed by any our activity. Just start menu item moved to parent position.

How could it be fixed? How to get back normal forum categories aliase in links when START menu item is parent?

Joomla 2.5.1, kunena 1.7.2 | 2012-01-31 | 5215 [ Omega ]
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Change topic icon and subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #2 by sozzled
Please read the posting guide printed on the Index page of this forum and printed at the top of this page that you are now reading. Let's see how you've constructed your menu; your configuration report will greatly assist in diagnosing your problem. Thank you.

More
12 years 2 months ago #3 by regdomain
Publishing ex parent menu item "forum" along with others fixed problem.

The only thing that we have now aliases mix.

Main menu link is www.mysite.com/my-forum
Acctaul start page where main menu is redirecttd is www.mysite.com/myforum
All topic links are www.mysite.com/forum/9-znakomstvo/11961-...ajty-znakomstv#11962

From the side of search engines we have 3 duplicated aliases. We ca not use same aliases as those are not allowed by Joomla. Is there the way to come to jne actual alias?

Sory guys, it is not technical but logical problem, I think that no detail information is needed to solve this puzzle.

Time to create page: 0.466 seconds