Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged Add post manually

More
12 years 2 months ago #1 by Flips
Add post manually was created by Flips
Hello to all

I found some old backup from an old database with a forum for a version of my site xoops. I wanted to integrate in Kunena, but the xoops database is not complete and I can not restore the old site. Since the posts are few, I thought I put them manually.

My question is: how can I manually enter each user's post?

Thanks and sorry for my terrible english :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #2 by Flips
Hello everyone! I apologize in advance for my English (I admit in part the use of google)

After days of slamming into a excel file I have rebuilt an old forum (not Kunena). After cleaning and re-assigned names and ids of users of the new site I started to do some testing of import (of course backuppando like crazy).

(EDIT: I forgot! I use Joomla 2.5 and Kunena 1.7.2)

After preparing the excel file, I then proceeded to create two csv respecting the structure and _kunena_message _kunena_message_text.

I proceeded in steps, and then I began to see first how to modify the database through an existing post in a thread, so everything is ok. So I created a category and a discussion of testing (user side) and I imported a little post, so everything is ok.

But when I go to prepare a number of discussions, I have problems,

At this time I did some tests and I had a doubt .. is that the id of the discussions has some rule? Why I tried to import a discussion putting ID 300 and I see it, while the second debate in which I put ID 301 does not see it.

Or if I go to put all the threads, I see only 8 of 120 with all imessaggi staggered but it seems to me to see why more and produces 10 pages of discussion (I set 20 per page)

What do you think wrong?

As I put these fields (see image, of course, the yellow line in the csv file does not exist)

I put ID numbers from
PARENT I put the ID "above", when I put a new category 0
THREAD I put progressive number for each question
CATID because I want to enclose everything in a category when I left 12

the rest do not think it significant

thank you!
Attachments:

More
11 years 11 months ago #3 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Add post manually
G'day, Flips, and welcome to Kunena.

I merged your two topics (originally posted in our support category). We do not have a category for this kind of question and so I have put it here in our Miscellaneous, off-topic and general Joomla category. I hope you do not mind.

You have a unique requirement. Kunena is a lot more than just 2 database tables. While it is possible to "manually" create messages by adding records to the _kunena_message and _kunena_message_text tables, there are other tables, too. There is no support, as such, for the kind of thing that you want to do. If, however, someone from the community would like to help you directly in achieving what you want to achieve then that's a different matter.

I do not know what specific help we can give you in this job but I wish you good luck in finding a way to solve your particular problem.

More
11 years 11 months ago #4 by Flips
Replied by Flips on topic Add post manually
Hi sozzled,

Thank you for the welcome and sorry if I'm wrong category!

ok, I hope someone can help me soon.

greetings
flips

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #5 by Flips
Replied by Flips on topic Add post manually
Hi, I'm back,

I did a test to see which tables are modified by inserting a couple of topics, are only modified rows and _message _message_text, the rest remain unchanged
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by Flips.

Time to create page: 0.609 seconds