Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Site registration - no confirmation page - redirected to to the home page; have to scroll down to see the 'Go activate your profile' link.

More
12 years 2 months ago #1 by burf16
Hi there,

My student forum is here.

Issues:

1. When a user registers, there is no confirmation page, it just forwards to the home page and you have to scroll down to see the 'Go activate your profile' link.

2. When you try to edit your profile in the forum the page is wealthystudent.co.uk/?do=edit - which is the home page? What's happened here?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #2 by fairwea1
I would imagine that is your template taking you to the front page when there is a menuless page to show.

Do you have an option in your template on where menuless pages take you?
The following user(s) said Thank You: burf16

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #3 by sozzled
G'day, burf16, and welcome to Kunena.

To make it easier to help us to help you faster, we ask everyone who posts topics in this Support section to read the posting guide first. The Guide to posting questions when asking for support appears on the Index page of this forum and a copy also appears at the top of this page.

We ask people who post of the forum to ask one question for each topic.

(1) User registration "confirmation" Please read the FAQs page (see the menu link above this forum): How do I register new users to my website and where should they login to use my website? Kunena is not responsible for user registration.

(2) Unable to edit Kunena user profile Without seeing your configuration report and, unless we had a test account for your site (so that we may see what's happening for ourselves), it's my guess that you have a routing conflict. This could be caused having a third-party SEO product or not setting up your menu correctly. I can't tell you any more than that, sorry, and my guess could be wrong.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 2 months ago #4 by burf16
Thanks for the reply. Do you know where you find this in the back end?

More
12 years 2 months ago #5 by burf16

sozzled wrote: G'day, burf16, and welcome to Kunena.

(2) Unable to edit Kunena user profile Without seeing your configuration report and, unless we had a test account for your site (so that we may see what's happening for ourselves), it's my guess that you have a routing conflict. This could be caused having a third-party SEO product or not setting up your menu correctly. I can't tell you any more than that, sorry, and my guess could be wrong.

Okay is there anyone that could fix my issues if I pay them? I don't have a clue what I'm doing!

More
12 years 2 months ago #6 by sozzled
Let's keep this topic simple and let's not try to answer two completely different questions at the same time.

(1) Registration is not something that is done by Kunena.

(2) We may be able to help you faster and better if you read the posting guide printed at the top of this page. Your configuration report (see the guide) will help you to help us to help you better. I am guessing that you have a menu conflict or a routing issue (see Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) in the Wiki. We may know more if we saw your configuration report.

More
12 years 2 months ago #7 by burf16

sozzled wrote: Let's keep this topic simple and let's not try to answer two completely different questions at the same time.

(1) Registration is not something that is done by Kunena.

(2) We may be able to help you faster and better if you read the posting guide printed at the top of this page. Your configuration report (see the guide) will help you to help us to help you better. I am guessing that you have a menu conflict or a routing issue (see Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) in the Wiki. We may know more if we saw your configuration report.

Okay. I think I've somehow managed to fix the avatar problem and the edit profile problem.

You say registration is nothing to do with Kunena - but surely someone knows why the confirmation page (after someone registers for the forum) automatically forwards to the home page and not another page (that I could set up) - there must be settings for this?

More
12 years 2 months ago #8 by sozzled
If the only issue now is site registration - and that's a Joomla issue that could probably be addressed by looking at the Joomla forum - I have moved this topic from the Kunena Support category. Even though you have not provided us with your configuration report, other people may be able to suggest where you can look for an answer. Good luck. :)

Time to create page: 0.409 seconds