Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question [Resolved] "Rename failed" and JFolder::create:It is not possible to create the folder"

More
12 years 2 months ago #1 by d_siotos
Hi i have downloaded and install kunena 1.7.2 version to joomla 1.5.25 version with PHP Version 5.3.8. The installation has been made locally correctly and kunena worked fine while i was testing it locally through xammp.

When i upload the website to the live server there are four different issues that came up. I have installed a greek language translation so i will translate you the messages that come up every time.

I have made some attempts with giving to folders the write/read/execute permissions as written in kunena forums but nothing changed so finally i gave the whole joomla website read/write/execute permissions 777 just to test it but the same issues still going on.

1. In the front end site when i am logging in and i am going to the recent topics category there is a message coming up says: "Rename failed". I ignore it and try either to quick reply or just reply to a message and there is the same message coming up :" Rename failed" but this time the message appears in four different lines, i attached a photo with file name: front_end_message.jpg. Despite the error message my quick reply or a normal reply have been made correctly and both appear as they should be.

2. In the front end site when i am going to profile tab there are two messages coming up says: "Rename failed" and "Copy failed", i attached a photo with file name: front_end_profile_message.jpg

3. In the front end site when i am going to the avatar tab and try to upload a new picture there are two messages coming up says: "Rename failed" and "Copy failed" and the picture does not appear.

4. In the back end site when i open the kunena control panel everything seems to work fine but when i go to the member administrative submenu there is a message coming up says: "Rename failed" and JFolder::create:It is not possible to create the folder, i attached a photo with file name: back_end_message.jpg

I also post my kunena configuration report:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 60 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 10M

Joomla default template details : rt_nexus_j15 | author: RocketTheme | version: 1.5.3 | creationdate: 07/31/09

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.1 | creationdate: 2011-11-16

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.1 | Build: 5162 | Version name: UnderUret | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.1 | Kunena Stats 1.7.1

this is a test simple user account with no privileges that may help you...

Please have a look at it, thanks in advance...
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #2 by Admata
Replied by Admata on topic Re: Kunena 1.7.2 Problem

d_siotos wrote: The installation has been made locally correctly and kunena worked fine while i was testing it locally through xammp.

When i upload the website to the live server there are four different issues that came up.

So you installed Kunena 1.7.2 locally and just moved the files to live servers by ftp? How about the database? Your configuration report tells "Installed version: 1.7.1". So, something is missing.

I´m just a user and I haven´t updated to 1.7.2 yet, but I think that if you have previously installed Kunena 1.7.1, you should run the Kunena 1.7.2 installation at the same place.

More
12 years 2 months ago #3 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re: Kunena 1.7.2 Problem
Your issue comes from image resizing (probably avatars in most of your cases).

Kunena needs write permissions to /media/kunena and all its sub-folders. Joomla also needs write permissions in many folders, so you may get into many troubles (unless you use FTP mode and every file is owned by you).

More
12 years 2 months ago #4 by d_siotos
Replied by d_siotos on topic Re: Kunena 1.7.2 Problem
thanks alot, you have been lifesaver....
i had to change as you said the user to the server ftp and now everything is working fine.

Thanks again for all your advices...... :)

Time to create page: 0.611 seconds