Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Mass E-mailing Forum Members?

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #1 by sunny33days
Hi, I live in the USA. I want to send my forum members a monthly update of feature changes and upcoming feature enhancements. My first question is, is this legal? Do they need to opt in first? I'm a little new to having a forum, but I like to send a monthly service update and updates with what's going on with the site?

Is a opt in and/or opt out required? Is there a service or Joomla extension you recommend to handle these type of user mass e-mails or should sending from my personal e-mail and hosting okay for sending mass user emails? I only have about 100 members so it's not a whole lot.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by sunny33days.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #2 by CheechDogg
Hello sunny33days,

It is always good to have an opt in and opt out for when you send out mass emails like this. Some hosts only allow you a certain amount of emails per hour and some email clients can flag your emails as spam.

Now I don't know the actual rules about this but in the past I have used MailChimp to send out mass emails to my website's members. It is a great extension and you can find it here. This also has some modules that lets your members subscribe to email newsletters and unsubscribe as well. So check it out.

extensions.joomla.org/extensions/content...letter-bridges/13602

Hope this helps you out sunny33days.

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3

More
12 years 2 months ago #3 by sunny33days
Thanks, do you know how it's different from acymailing or aweber by chance? I guess I need something that doesn't have to use my hosting servers to send the e-mails. I'm not sure if Acymailing does that or not.

More
12 years 2 months ago #4 by CheechDogg
I honestly couldn't tell you sunny. I think MailChimp allows you a certain amount before it charges you, its free but I am not sure if they use their own server or not.

Take a look here: mailchimp.com/features/all/

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3

Time to create page: 0.514 seconds