Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question what is commercial?

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #1 by user3726
what is commercial? was created by user3726
Hi, I just joined here and am thinking of creating a small news website with joomia and want to use kunena for a forum. im not selling anything but I want to have ad s for basic costs (hopefully),Would I be classified as non commercial and able to use kunena?
thanks in advance!

edit: oh, and I have no idea why it says Last Visit Date: 29 Nov 1999, somebody might want to check that out since I just joined!
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by user3726. Reason: added something

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: what is commercial?
G'day, user3726, and thank you for your interest in Kunena.

I think the main question you've asked is answered in the topic Please help me understand the GPL for Kunena . From what you have said, though, I do not see any issues here as far as using Kunena in a website where there is a some opportunity for obtaining revenue via advertisements. Whether or not there are other implications relating to how you could classify your site as "non-commercial", that's probably where your accountant/financial advisor/taxation consultant can advise you better. As long as you keep to the conditions of the GPL I don't think there are any legal issues involving the owners of the Kunena copyrighted software or the Kunena trademark.

Concerning the last visit date, see Last Visit Date .
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: user3726

More
12 years 2 months ago #3 by user3726
Replied by user3726 on topic Re: what is commercial?
Thanks for your response I think you answered my question. Ill have more, its just me , no accountants, technical advisors etc:p

no disrespect intended and please note Im just starting to learn about this but I notice that recaptcna is used on this forum, is this an indication of security deficiencies? i dont see it on the other forum I frequent?

More
12 years 2 months ago #4 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: what is commercial?
*** Off-topic ***

CAPTCHA is used on many forums around the world today and the reason that is is use is not an indication of any inherent software deficiency. CAPTCHA is used to deter spam ... but it does not totally eliminate it. You may not see CAPTCHA used on other forums you use but no-one can draw any conclusions from that either.

Time to create page: 0.377 seconds