Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Module only showing in specific forum

More
12 years 3 months ago #1 by FAN
I have seen all the options with specific Kunena module positions. Very nice! But... is there a way to have a module that is only shown in a specific forum / category? I want to add a text under one of my forums, but only under one forum, not all forums.

I would think you need a special module for it so you can define categories and so on. Maybe feature request...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #2 by sozzled
*** Topic moved from K 1.6 and K 1.7 Support ***

FAN wrote: Is there a way to have a module that is only shown in a specific forum / category?

Yes. You define, in the module settings, for your module to displays on on certain menus. This is not a Kunena support question; this is a standard Joomla question.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 3 months ago #3 by FAN
This is not a standard Joomla question, I know quite good how Joomla works. I have only one menu item which leads to the forum. So in my module settings I can only select the whole forum or nothing. So that does't do the trick.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #4 by sozzled
You need to create another Joomla menu item, point the target of that item to the forum category you want your module to appear in, then assign the module to work with that Joomla menu item. It's a Joomla question.

See Customised menus for more technical information.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 2 months ago #5 by FAN
Hi,

I worked with the specific module positions and they're great. But... I need to put some content under each topic in one specific category. Is that possible?

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 120 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 32M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : yoo_pure | author: YOOtheme | version: 5.5.11 | creationdate: September 2011

Kunena default template details : Aphotic | author: snilloconator | version: 1.6.0 | creationdate: 2010-23-09

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: UddeIm 2.6

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: The file doesn't exist sh404sef.xml !

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Search 1.7.1 | Kunena Discuss 1.7.1

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.1 | Kunena Search 1.7.1

More
11 years 6 months ago #6 by fcherub
Hi, I'm digging up this thread because I have the same question.

I would like to show a module only for a specific kunena category (a header specific to that forum).

So I created a menu item for the category and published it. Then I assigned the module to appear for that menu item (joomla 1.5).

The problem is that the module only appears on that category's homepage, not on any of the topics... can't figure out how to do it :blush:

Time to create page: 0.497 seconds