Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Error installing Kunena.

More
12 years 2 months ago #1 by wujaBL
When i go to extesion menager and Install URL box type this: " joomlacode.org/gf/download/frsrelease/16...b5162_2011-11-16.zip " i got this error : "Component Install: DB function reports no errors , Error installing component" Any help?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #2 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Re: Error installing Kunena.
Hi, please try downloading the package. and install it on the normal way.

Or read this: forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=594153

regards 810

More
12 years 2 months ago #3 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re: Error installing Kunena.
This is Joomla bug (if something goes wrong first time, it breaks the database). Go to extension manager and check how many times Kunena has been installed. Number is probably between 2 and 10. This bug can happen for any component, but shouldn't be very common unless you have timeout during installation.

There's a way to fix this issue, but you cannot uninstall Kunena if the directories do not exist. You can fix this by copying all the files from zip into /administrator/components/com_kunena (you may need to create directory for /components/com_kunena, too). Then make sure that Apache has rights to delete all the files and uninstall Kunena. Repeat it for each copy of "installed" Kunena.

When there are no more copies, you can try installation again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Feral Mac

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #4 by Feral Mac
I seem to have this problem. I tried to uninstall Kunena and reinstall it because Kunena Discuss was causing 500 errors. When I went to upload Kunena it timed out and then I was unable to access either the front end or back end of my Joomla 2.5 site. I then replaced the MySQL db with a backup to get it working again.

I have looked in the extension manager but I was unable to find where the the number of Kunena installs is located.

Could you please give me a heads up on where to find this number. My end goal is to add Kunena Discuss to my website, it is brilliant, thank you.

Josh Freeman (tentortoise on the CB Forum)
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by Feral Mac.

Time to create page: 0.471 seconds