Kunena 5.2.10.1 released (29 Sep 2022)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.2.10.1 [K 5.2.10.1] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.10.x This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.2 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.2.9

× This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question [Resolved] After upgrading my forum Google can not find me

More
10 years 8 months ago #11 by mortenhy
I am sure that the problem Lies witk Kunena.
The topic has been locked.
More
10 years 8 months ago #12 by blacktino79
I totally think so. I've seen a lot of these threads come up, and I have no idea what caused this issue all of a sudden.
More
10 years 8 months ago #13 by mortenhy
If he fix it i will explain in details. He sounded pretty sure about what the problem was.. Yes, according to My data it costs me 300 visitors a day give og take...
More
10 years 6 months ago #14 by mortenhy
Replied by mortenhy on topic MY URL is weird
My forum is still not after a year known by Google and many experts have no clue why Google can not find my threads after i switch to Kunena,,therefore i have tried out some stuff, and now in my url is said "component/kunena"..is that bad?
take a look: www.appsandroid.dk/joomla/component/kune...-android-dumper.html
More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #15 by sozzled
Let me repeat again what we advised you last time:

For a quick response, please give us as much information that helps us to understand the problem. General hints: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way . Also refer to the FAQs menu tab above for frequently asked questions.

(1) K 1.6.5 is not supported.
(2) You have a problem with Google. I suggest you talk to Google to find out why your page ranking has dropped.
(3) You have an issue with the way you have implemented your site directory structure.
(4) You have issues with the way you have implemented Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) for Joomla.
(5) As far as I can tell, you have not implemented any of the recommendations that we advised you over a month ago and this probably explains why you are continuing to have problems.
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by sozzled.
More
10 years 6 months ago #16 by mortenhy
yes i have done those things, the rest of my site ranks fine, the problem is only with my forum.
this question has nothing to do with the fact that the forum is not being indexed. My URL where fine yesterday, but i have tried some things and suddenly this happend....somehow i solved the problem myself (with the bad URL), now they are fine....
More
10 years 6 months ago #17 by mortenhy
As i said, all the things you adviced me to do i have done, and it works like a charm all over my site expext for the forum...so, if Google can still not find the threads, is there nothing more you can do? Look at my urls now, there cool:-): www.appsandroid.dk/joomla/android-forum/...te-android-apps.html
More
10 years 6 months ago #18 by mortenhy
I have removed the "indeks" tab, but you are using it...was that a bad idea?
More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #19 by mindriot
Once you have attracted SE attention you have to be incredibly careful to keep it.

Things to check :

Site and server configuration, is your pageload slow, is your server having problems.

www vs non www : have you changed your url and can the site be indexed on both = are you being penalised for duplicate content

changes in url structure : have you changed anything that would affect any part of your url to every page, if so youve lost all your indexed pages to 404 errors and lost your ranking in google. this could be down to changes in directory structure, various configuration changes in joomla and in kunena and sef, either changes to joomla sef settings or changes to third party sef components (either the way they work over different releases or various settings for said sef components)

config files : robots.txt .htaccess and so on (apache) or isapi windows iis equivalents - have you made any changes in these files, .htaccess regular expressions can be incredibly hard to get right and sensetive to mistakes and mis-spellings, also some joomla core functions make use of sef regex

joomla : joomla itself, is everything installed properly, configured properly, all plugins turned on and set properly for whatr you need to do.

content : is there any material on your site that google is hostile to, this may even be as simple as info that is duplicated at other sorces on the web

try some of these for info :

lmgtfy.com/?q=google+reasons+for+loss+of+ranking
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by mindriot.
More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #20 by mindriot
If I follow a link in wayback machines view of your site from 2010 I get informed of a 302 redirect away from root to your /joomla/ directory, which may infact be an ok use of 302

wayback.archive.org/web/20100901000000*/.../www.appsandroid.dk/

Try comparing your site structure then to now and see if anythings changed.

Is your htaccess (or multiple htaccess files depending how youre using them) correctly placed and modified for joomla being in a subdirectory?
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by mindriot.
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds