Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question [Resolved] After upgrading my forum Google can not find me

More
12 years 4 months ago #1 by mortenhy
5 month ago i could find the subjects from my forum out on Google. Now there is nothing there, after i upgradet from 1,5 to 1,6. It is not nbad rankings, i have checked that. The ubersublects Google can find but not the subjeckts..there must be something that i have done so my URL is not readaeble???
My forum is here: www.appsandroid.dk/joomla/android-forum/indeks.html
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 4 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, mortenhy, and thank you for your interesting question. You originally posted your question in the Support category. I'm going to reproduce, here, the posting guidelines that people should read before they post questions in the Support category:

Guide to posting questions when asking for support

This category is for: Do not use this category:
  • ▪ to request a change to the standard behaviour of Kunena.
  • ▪ if your question of a commonly asked "how to" nature
  • ▪ if you are not using the latest stable release of Kunena
General hints: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way . Also refer to the FAQs menu tab above for frequently asked questions.

I have moved your message from the Support category for two reasons:

(1) K 1.6 is not supported.
(2) You have a problem with Google. I suggest you talk to Google to find out why your page ranking has dropped.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mortenhy
More
12 years 4 months ago #3 by mortenhy
Thanks for the answer. The problem is not that my ranking is falling (sorry if i didnt explain it the right way), the problem is that none of the threats exists on Google, and before i upgradet, i could easly find the threads on Google. It is like Google can not read the URL, so i thought if there is something wrong in backend?

Attachments:
More
12 years 4 months ago #4 by sozzled
If Google cannot read your site URLs then your problem has nothing to do with Kunena. Maybe you've locked out Google from your site (see robots.txt)? Maybe Google has stopped visiting your site? These are issues that you need to discuss elsewhere.

As far as Kunena is concerned, if you prevent people seeing your forum, or parts of your forum, because they are not logged-in, Google works the same way. If Google cannot view your forum, or parts of your forum, it's because you've set up your forum that way.

Do you have the URL of a Kunena topic on your site that you believe Google is not seeing? Can you post that URL here? Thanks.
More
12 years 4 months ago #5 by Matias
Looks like Google isn't indexing your topics.

I have no idea what goes wrong, but generally I would remove /joomla/ directory from your site, as it adds one level to the path, and Google only looks into 4th level (which shouldn't be issue in here).
More
12 years 4 months ago #6 by mortenhy
Exactly what i ment..thanks for the answers all of you, i just thought that maybe it was a Kenena problem.
More
12 years 3 months ago #7 by blacktino79
Hi mortenhy. Did you ever find a solution to this> I'm having the same exact problem and its driving me nuts!!!!!
More
12 years 3 months ago #8 by mortenhy
Nope.. I am going insane.. There is a really good Joomla type who will take a look at it this week.. I will report back.
More
12 years 3 months ago #9 by blacktino79
Thank you. Thing is, I didn't upgrade any component, and only noticed this at the end of last month. I am using Kunena 1.6.4 and all of my topics used to be searchable, usually within a few minutes after creating them!

Now I will only come across them on Google when I type in the EXACT THREAD TITLE. Before, all I would have to do is type in "GiveMeApps Forum" and whatever new topics were created (again, within minutes) would come up right away! Now nothing comes up!

It's definitely costing me traffic.

(Kunena 1.6.4, SH404SEF)
More
12 years 3 months ago #10 by mortenhy
Mine does not show ud when i write the exact titler. I can find my forum but no threads, and I used to. THE problem startede when i updated to 1,6, 5.... Strange.
Time to create page: 0.360 seconds