- Posts: 18
- Thank you received: 1
The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.4 [K 6.2.4] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2
Question [Resolved] After upgrading my forum Google can not find me
My forum is here: www.appsandroid.dk/joomla/android-forum/indeks.html
This category is for:
- ▪ Kunena 1.7 issues only. For a quick response, please give us as much information that helps us to understand the problem. Please read first What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)? Please read the guides posted as sticky topics in this category.
- ▪ when your Kunena forum does not work for you in the same way as it does here at this website.
- ▪ to request a change to the standard behaviour of Kunena.
- ▪ if your question of a commonly asked "how to" nature
- ▪ if you are not using the latest stable release of Kunena
(1) K 1.6 is not supported.
(2) You have a problem with Google. I suggest you talk to Google to find out why your page ranking has dropped.
As far as Kunena is concerned, if you prevent people seeing your forum, or parts of your forum, because they are not logged-in, Google works the same way. If Google cannot view your forum, or parts of your forum, it's because you've set up your forum that way.
Do you have the URL of a Kunena topic on your site that you believe Google is not seeing? Can you post that URL here? Thanks.
I have no idea what goes wrong, but generally I would remove /joomla/ directory from your site, as it adds one level to the path, and Google only looks into 4th level (which shouldn't be issue in here).
Now I will only come across them on Google when I type in the EXACT THREAD TITLE. Before, all I would have to do is type in "GiveMeApps Forum" and whatever new topics were created (again, within minutes) would come up right away! Now nothing comes up!
It's definitely costing me traffic.
(Kunena 1.6.4, SH404SEF)